Chapter Eleven

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter, hehe. I really hope you enjoy it! I changed the tense here because I felt more comfortable writing it that way for this chapter.

Happy Reading!

********

I lied.

I had a friend. Her name was Rosie Burns.

But we we're not friends anymore, because Rosie's dead.

She died when we went swimming at her house; we were both ten. She drowned; I tried to save her but she kept pushing me down. Her brother saw the whole thing and blamed me for it; he said that I had drowned her, but fortunately nobody believed him except for a couple of his friends. Her brother's best friend was Hunter; I guess he never realized who I was when we first met back at the arcade, but he did the second time.

I never knew why I feel so tranquil whenever I went swimming, I guess it connected me to Rosie. 

Rosie Burns was a pretty looking girl, she had long, shiny, strawberry blond hair. She always wore the most girly looking clothes, she had lots of pink stuff, a pink bag, a pink pencil, pink shoes, pink everything. Her mother called her Pinkie instead of Rosie sometimes, but I thought that was dumb.

She had many friends, I wasn't her best friend but she was my best friend. It was complicated.

So as I mentioned, she had an older brother, Reeve. He was older than us in five years, he never really played with us, he never dared. I  never saw him after the Rosie incident because they moved to San Francisco, they were trying to start a 'new life' their. What a load of crap.

I really missed Rosie though, I missed the games we made out of everything; whether we were on the swings at Central Park or playing with dolls back at her place. I only visited her, but she never visited me. I think it was because her mother was afraid that something would happen to her little Pinkie since my father was usually at the hospital. Surprise, surprise...

Dad went to her funeral, I still remember that sullen look he had on his face. He didn't take me with him because I shouldn't be exposed to death at such a tender age. Yeah right, she died in front of my own eyes. Well at least he was thoughtful...for once.

Life after Rosie was...weird, I was used to seeing her everyday at school, but no, no Rosie was there. There was a knockoff Rosie, Rosie James, but I hated her. She wasn't like Rosie Burns, she was annoying.

Rosie knew my father wasn't like any other fathers, she never asked me about it. Well she did once, she asked me why my dad never got me nice stuff, I just shrugged and told her he was too  busy to get me stuff. 

What was I supposed to tell her?

I wonder what she'd be like if she was still alive, I bet she'd be a guy magnet, the type that guys fell for. Would she abandon me for some fake faced Barbies? Who am I kidding, of course she would. I am Chloe Henderson for crying out loud.

I am Chloe Henderson.... 

She was Rosie Burns....

The first girl is still alive.

The second girl is dead.

I don't feel like talking about Rosie anymore.