Rise And Shine

A/N Hey! i'm back with a new chapter. And wow, I can't believe how much support my story is getting. Anyways, who saw Girl Meets Texas Part One? I'm freaking out right now! And I'm desperately hoping for Lucaya, and perhaps Riarkle if we're lucky.

Enough blabbing.

On with the story.

------------------------------------------

"Good morning Nova."

Those bright blue-green eyes that Maya has come to adore these past three days, stare up at her inquisitively. The new mom can't resist leaning over the hospital crib to press repetitive kisses to the baby's pint-sized nose. "Little rascal." She comments.

At that time, Lucas fills the room with yawns and sighs that come with awakening, and after blinking multiple times; he climbs off the armchair that he's been sleeping on for the past three days and makes his way over to where Maya stands before the crib. He wraps an arm around his girlfriend's slender shoulders, prompting her to rest her head against him.

Though Novalee has only been on the earth for a matter of days, both parents couldn't love anything more. The uncomfortable nights in the hospital seem completely worth it now that the youngsters have been given the go ahead to take their new daughter home. Lucas reaches into the crib to take Nova's tiny hand between his thumb and index finger, and his heart skips a beat at the contact.

"It's scary isn't it?" Maya begins. "One minute we're nothing more than reckless kids, the next, we're responsible for another life."

"Yeah, she really has taken us on quite the journey." Lucas responds, as the last nine months almost flash before his eyes. The corners of his mouth begin to turn up as he turns his head to look at Maya. "I still remember the day you told me you were pregnant."

"Oh god, please don't remind me."

Lucas grins, and does the opposite of Maya's orders. "You went all crazy, psychotic on me."

Maya rolls her eyes at her boyfriend just as Novalee begins to whimper, she frowns at the baby and when she's certain the newborn is about to cry, Maya scoops her out of the transparent crib; and once she's in her mom's arms, the whimpering begins to fade.

"You were really scary that day." Lucas says, folding his arms across his chest.

"Oh come on, you're making it out like I was some kind of monster." Maya retorts.

"Really? I had bruises for weeks."

"No you didn't."

---------------

Flashback.

Maya Hart storms through the school hallway, fists clenched and eyes filled with fury. She's never felt these many emotions before, for a reason she is freaking out over, Maya has a yearning feeling in her stomach to break down and cry, but the overwhelming fury that is slowly taking over her body is blocking it out. Finally, she finds him; laughing away with Riley and Farkle. The minute he catches sight of her, he knows something is wrong. His lips are just beginning to form her name when she grabs him by the sleeve of his flannel shirt.

"Shut up, and come with me." She growls, yanking at tugging at Lucas who she knows is much stronger than her.

Lucas lets her pull him along when he realises the whole thing is gaining an audience, Maya then drags him into the Janitor's closet leaving their concerned friends behind.

"Oh my god, you are such an idiot!" Maya yells, once she's locked the door.

"You might wanna fill me in." Lucas says, his confusion turning to concern for the blonde who is now beginning to pace up and down the length of the closet. When she doesn't respond he has to ask again. "May-"