(=^x^=) Hair (=^x^=)

Weeks passed and I noticed that the roots from Kenma's new do were fading out.

"Okay, Kenma. Now you really look like a pudding." I smirked.

A light pink dusted across his pale cheeks.

"I could just eat you up, like a custard-jelly with chocolate sauce." I continued.

Kenma was now blushing from ear to ear.

"I'm hungry now, let's get some food." He whispered, turning so his face was facing the opposite direction to mine.

"It's pretty hot out, huh? there's an ice cream shop 'round the corner, want to get some?" I replied, trying to loosen the tension.

The smaller male hummed in agreement, we started the fifty metre walk to the parlour.

Kenma and I had chosen our desired frozen treats and sat at a small table, satisfied with our choices.

"I'll pay, okay?" I smiled.

"Wh-a-.... Mm" he hummed in agreement once again, his game drawing in his attention once more.

It seemed like forever until the waitress had placed our cups onto the small round table.

I leaned in towards Kenma, my hand reached out to touch the other's fading blonde hair.

He flinched and paused his game. He looked at me in confusion.

I twirled the long strands between my fingers, resting my face on my free hand. I missed the way it used to be. This new style didn't look bad or anything, maybe I was just selfish.

"See, you don't like it." He exhaled and brushed my hand out of his hair.

"No... That's not it, I love it, honestly... I was just thinking of how it used to look."

"It's a little dry, you need to be taking extra care of your hair, now that you've dyed it." I pointed out sassily.

"To much effort." he huffed.

"You also need to fix those roots." I raised a brow.

"That's a chore." He replied, blatantly.

We ate the ice cream in comfortable silence. once we had finished I didn't expect to be dragged out of the shop by Kenma.

Minutes later I was almost running due to the fact that Kenma was moving fast towards a mystery location.

"Kenma" I gasped for air. "Where the hell are you taking me?" I huffed.

No answer.

We finally halted outside a surprisingly new-looking drug store.

"Why are we at a drug store. Kenma..?" I asked suspiciously.

No answer.

He pulled me into the store, forgetting my height, causing me to bump my forehead into the glass above the entrance.

He looked back at me.

"Sorry." He gave a sympathetic look and then continued to drag me to his desired destination.

We finally made it to a few isles designated towards the back of the shop, labeled "Hair"

What was this kid up to?

Kenma let go of my jacket and started searching through boxes of various boxes.

He pulled out two small boxes. On the front of each was a lady with Black hair, and a lady with Dark Brown hair. He looked at both boxes, comparing them, until finally looking at me.

He tilted his head slightly and blinked.

"Which one do you like best, Kuroo?" He stated.

"Eh? I'm just registering what's going on. What?" He rubbed my temples in confusion.

"We're choosing a colour that'll make you happy... I know the blonde isn't making you happy, and.... and that doesn't make me happy!" He shouted. Well as loud as Kenma could shout, which in all honestly. was more of a squeak.

He covered his face with his hair and continued to try and choose between the two colours.

"K-Kenma..." I began. "Why? I love your hair. Don't change it... Please. It makes me happy to know that you're happy and confident in any way you find adaptable." I stroked the smaller males cheek, feeling the radiating heat.

The pudding looked up from beneath his locks and searched my eyes for truth.

"Y-you mean it?" He smiled. A genuine smile.

"Of corse, why would I lie to you, Kenma~?" I whispered.

"Thank you, Kuroo!" he squeaked once again. The smaller pulled me into a tight embrace before letting go for repertory purposes.

He smiled again before pulling me to his eye height by the collar. I help my breath waiting for whatever he was going to do next.

He leant in hesitantly and connected his lips with mine. they were soft and warm, kind of reminded me of a cat. Hm?

He pulled away after a while and blushed.

"I- I uh..." Kenma began. "Really like you..." he trailed off almost inaudible.

"Kenma..." I smiled. I wrapped my long arms around his small frame and whispered into the crook of his neck.

"I like you too"

(=^x^=) (=^x^=) (=^x^=)

Hey, so that's it for this little short oneshot thing. How was it? I wanna do something cool next, something long-ish, y'know? Anyways.

-Tetsu out!