The Rap Life

I was  only fourteen when it all started. My 8th grade year. I had  friends, many  of  friends. I lived  over  on the bad side of town. The southside of  Newcastle. What  people  had  called "the ghetto", I guess you could've  called  it the ghetto. I mean  there  was  drug deals on the streets, shootings, murders, more  crime scences than ever. It was  the  early  90's so  you gotta  give me  credit.. living  life  was  hard. My  dad  was  a drug dealer so he  was out  on the streets a lot. my momma tried  her  best  to  keep  me out of  trouble. although, I'd  never  really  listen  to  her, and  if  i didn't  i'd usually  get yelled  at  or  my  ass whooped. 

    I mean she  was a good  mother and  all. She  provided  me  with a  home, food , water, and clothes. So i gotta  give  her credit there. But, when  it  came  to  my friends; she  didn't  really  like them at all.  I hung  out  with  these  kids that  lived  over  on Jefferson Street. and  my momma hates Jefferson Street because  she  used  to  live  over there when she was little. most  of  my  friends  we're  in 11th or 12th so that's  probably why my momma didn't want me hanging  around them. But, I thought  they were  pretty damn cool. We  did all type  of shit, I mean  we  hung out with  these smokin' hot  girls, went to parties, races, scraps, and  rap battles. That's when  I found my  new hobby. Rapping. I went  to rap battles  whenever I could. It just  somewhat  kind of just  caught my eye. I mean  I heard  about  Eminem, Tupac Shakur, Snoop Dogg, Dr Dre, Andre 3000, Prodigy, and  all them other rappers. I mean Tupac was  my  first real Inspirational dude. His raps and songs  are what really got to me the most. That's when  I knew I wanted to be a rapper.