The Awkward Dinner

"So kingston, you get some new clothes today?"

"Yeah I did mom."

"where you get them from?"

"Uhh Marquis."

"Oh, Where  you boys go this time to get clothes?"

"Sharon mall, mom."

"I See. They're  very nice  clothes.."

"Yeah I guess."

"You better respect  Marquis  for  what he's  getting  you. And  respect  him because  He's an elder of yours."

"I know mom, I know."

" You better know  boy."

I was  eating  steak. It was  good.  Although,  my  mom  is  a  good  cook. Just saying but, I think  she realized  I was nervous  about something.

"Kingston  you alright honey?"

I didn't answer I just kept  on  eating.

" KINGSTON MARSHALL?!?!?!?"

"WHAT?!?!" as  I said in a harsh  voice.

"you alright honey?"

"Yes.  Mom,  Marquis  wants  me  to go to his  place  at 8 so  i  should  start  walking over alright?" 

"Okay honey, please be safe." 

"I will, Don't worry." As  i said  walking out the door. 

-------------------10 Minutes Later---------------------------------

 Walking up slowly  to  the  front  door I rang  the  doorbell. I waited. Then the  door  opened. Pv let  me  in. Marquis  was  down  stairs in the den. 

"aye kingston  want  something to drink?"

"naah man  I'm good.."

"you sure?"

"Yeah. Uhm Marquis  wanted me to come over."

"oh, alright.... MARQUIS, KINGSTON'S HERE. WANT HIM TO  COME DOWN?" as  he shouted down the stairs. 

" Yeah!! Have  him come down!!" as marquis  yelled back. 

"Dude  you can  go down now. Talk to ya later."

I walked  down  the stairs, and  walked  over to  the couch  and  sat down. Marquis  introduced me to his  friend  TJ,  His real  name  was Tyronne Jackson. But  people  just called  him "TJ" 

"So, This  is  my boy  Kingston, TJ."

"Aye man It's  nice to meet you."

"Yeah,  it's  nice to meet you too man."

"so  Marquis How  can  I help ya  boy  Kingston  out?"

"He  needs  some  protection.. and  not the  sex protection. The armor protection. Something  he can  easily  use and  won't get  caught with."

"ah man,  I see what  he  needs is the .38 special or  he needs the Springfield Armory. XD Sub-Compact .40 S&W Pistol"  He  showed us  both pistol and  revolver. I got  a  bit  nervous and  freaked out a  little. 

"Aye  Kingston Which  one  do you think you can  hide  better?"

"Uhmm the  Revolver for sure." 

"there's  your answer  TJ. How much for  amo  and the gun?"

" $600 for the gun and  $20 for the amo."

I watched Marquis count  $620 dollars  all out in cash and  hand  it  to TJ and then Tj exchanges  the money  with  the gun and  amo with marquis. 

After  20 minutes..  Marquis  Told  me  i had  to  be  careful with the gun and  amo.  to make  sure  it was  well hid. and  it  was  for  if we ever  got  back  into a drive  by or anything really. He also told me to carry it  everywhere. And  he meant  everywhere.