Round 1

Monica's point of view

"Keep your head in the game Moni!" My trainer, Matthew, yelled at me as he stopped. "You'll never win the next fight if you keep punching like a baby."

I grit my teeth and put my effort into my punches, my arms burning and my fists aching as they continuously collided against my trainer's padded gloves. My breathing came out heavy and quick due to my nevwr-ending movements. My lungs felt like they were on fire, but I liked it.

It was perfect.

I blocked various punches that Matthew sent to my face and ended up backed into the elastic ropes that outlined the boxing ring. "Pick it up! You're getting slow god dammit!" He urged and I pushed him off of me by throwing a few punches towards his abdomen.

I accidentally hit him in the eye since he was to slow to block it and I jumped back. My fists stayed in front of my face and my chest fell up and down rapidly. I felt like my heart was going to fall out of my chest and my legs burned from all the hopping and quick movements.

"You got me good." He pointed out and I gave a cocky laugh as I kept my fists up. It was muffled by my mouth guard, which my teeth bit down on hard.

He went up to me and held his hand out. I reached out and then quickly blocked the punch that would have hit me in the abdomen if it landed. I spit my mouth guard out on to the mat and he shook his head.

"Not this time." I winked and quickly began to block his jabs and uppercuts. He walked backwards and I laughed. "How's your eye?"

"Fine." He replied. "How are your hands?" He asked and I took my gloves off. I stretched my hands out with the extra athletic wrap and then I took them off, opening and closing my fist.

"Fine." I answered and he nodded as he took his gloves off. "That was fun. Maybe next time you should try to keep up." I told him and he shook his head.

"Maybe I should taunt you less in the ring. I only do it so it pushes you further." He chuckled and I nodded. "You have an interview tomorrow, you know."

"I know." I nodded as I hopped out of the ring. I grabbed my water bottle off the bench and downed about half of the ice cold liquid. "I also have a match next week so I should try and lay off the rough practices so I don't break or strain anything."

"Sounds like a plan." He agreee and held his half frozen water bottle to his eye. "Your dad is here." He informed and I turned around.

"Dad," I gasped and he walked over. I gave him a hug and he kissed my forehead. "What brings you back from Auatralia?" I asked him since he worked over there.

I never knew why he decided to work across the world but I guess I don't mind. Even if I wanted to, I can't see him all the time because I'm so busy. He's always so busy.

"The band is off on a break so I don't have to be with them right now." He told me and I nodded. "Protecting four idiots is harder than it looks."

"Seems like it. What happened to your lip?" I asked since it was cut. "Did you actually have to fight someone? Their fans are teenage girls, you can't hit them."

"No, Luke accidentally hit me while trying to hit Calum." He snorted and I nodded as I rolled my eyes. "I mean I'm fine, but clearly... Matthew isn't."

"Your daughter squared me in the eye." He told him and I laughed. "Me and your dad are gonna talk. Go shower and change, babe." He told me and I nodded.

I walked away from the two and went to my locker. I opened it and then grabbed my bag. I ran into the ring and took my gloves and mouthguard before leaving.