Round 5

Michael's point of view

"I can't believe I get to see the Monica Montez fight. Like, I get to see her up close and I get to hang out around her after the fight!" I practically squealed as I looked through all my clean shirts.

"Same!" Calum agreed, fangirling with me. "God, you know how long I've been wanting to go to one of her fights? We never had time, so I could never go."

"Dude, I know, we're in the same freakin' band. We have the same schedule." I laughed and grabbed a plain black muscle tee. I pulled it on and sat on my bed as I grabbed my converse. "I'm so excited."

"She's going to kick ass in that ring!" He said and I nodded. "She's so going to win. I saw the other girl's past fights, she won the last one by default because her opponent lied about their health conditions and the one before that because of a TKO." He told me.

"She had good offense but it's defense you need when it comes to Monica. She throws some bad ass punches." I told him and he nodded as I laced my shoes up. "If you can't defend yourself from them, you're going to lose. Monica can block and she can punch, you need to be able to break through those two to beat her."

"She won't lose, not to that chick. I'm sure of it." Calum bet as he put one of my snapbacks on. I nodded and stood up, stuffing my phone in my pocket.

"God, I still can't believe this." I gushed and looked at my poster. "She's amazing. This is so... wow." I said and he laughed.

"The other two must be sick of waiting for us, come on. We need to go. We can gush over her and talk about the fight in the car." He said as he put his phone in his pocket.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go before we're late." I nodded and followed him out of the room, turning the lights off as I did.

-

We got to the stadium and we sat down at the front row near Monica's corner. Nerves and butterflies filled my stomach and I grabbed Calum's arm.

He grabbed my arm aswell and then I grabbed his again. "I feel like something exploded in my stomach and my leg is on steroids." Calum said since his leg wouldn't stop shaking.

"It's probably the burrito you got from that taco truck." Ashton butt in and I laughed. Calum shrugged and I watched as the announcer began to speak, signaling that the fight was going to start.

I listened to him ramble about weight and the ratio of wins to losses, then their ages and heights. Finally, it was the two colors they were wearing and their names.

It was weird that I knew all of this infornation. She was five foot nine and thirty-two years old. She weighed a hundred and fifty pounds and her colors were black and pink. She's also only lost two matches out of like twenty.

I cheered as he announced Monica and she nodded towards us as she strapped her black and pink gloves on. She walked to the center along with the other girl and they touched gloves, giving a nod and a smile before putting their mouth guards in.

"Oh god." Calum gasped as the bell went off. I nodded and watched as Monica went in for the first punch, and the girl blocked it, but stumbled back a bit.

Her defense is weak, there's no way she can beat Monica.

I sat closer to the edge of my seat as the two began to throw jabs and uppercuts. I nearly bit through my lip as Monica got hit square in the lower abdomen.

"Come on Monica!" I yelled with her dad and we laughed. She looked over briefly before setting her eyes back on the opponent.

"Mom, come on! Whoop her ass! You can do it!" Brendon yelled and I laughed as we high-fived. This kid is actually my hero. I love him.