Chapter-7: Dealing with the Drug-Addict

(A/N: Okay girls, I'm back with a bang. Firstly, I would like to thank you all for your patience. It's been so long since my previous update and I'm happy that some of you are eager for the next chapter so here it is. Secondly, I know you all have loads of questions and aren't able to understand Manik's character. So I have something for you all. In a couple of updates, I'll write the story from Manik's POV so that you understand his feelings also. I hope that's okay with you all and I hope that answers all your questions. Now please tell me how this chapter is. Vote and comment if you think I deserve it. Happy Diwali.)

---------
"Manik, wait." I ran to him and held my tummy, and caught my breath.

"Tum pagal ho gayi ho? Tumhe iss halat mein dhaudna nahi chahiye." He cared for me? I wanted to ask him but I was scared. He doesn't like questions. I just kept quiet. "Kya? Chup kyun ho? Say something." And that was it. I burst out.

"What do you expect me to say? If I ask something, you might kill me. I don't want to risk anything. I'd rather stay quiet." I sighed and he smiled, for the first time. It was beautiful. He was a beautiful person. A pure soul. A gift from God.

"Acchha, chalo. Give me the bags. You shouldn't carry so much. Here, take the keys and help me keep them in the car." I nodded and we went to his car and kept the bags.

"Nandini, I wanted to ask you something."

"Hmm?" I said, searching for my water bottle in my bag.

"What happened to your boyfriend?" I spat the water out and started coughing. He panicked.

"Kya hua?" He patted my head, in an attempt to help.

"Tum teek ho?" He put his hand on my head and then, when realization hit him, he withdrew it.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I drank some more water, trying to avoid his questions.

"Mujhe bhuk lag rahi hai." He cleared his throat.

"Ahem... Let's go." We went to a restaurant and had lunch. While the bill took time to come, Manik asked me again.

"I don't have one."

"WHAT? You broke up? Then what about your baby?"

"Voh... I'm married." Manik's eyes widened.

"But how? I don't get it. You're just 19, I suppose. Marriage and all? Isn't it too much?" I giggled. 19? Like seriously? He thought I was 19?

"Manik, I'm 22 and if you don't believe me, here." I showed him my ring.

"Oh..." He blinked his eyes to process what he just heard. The bill came. Manik paid and we left. We left the mall and went to the Malhotra Mansion. Neither of us spoke anything for the rest of the journey.

We reached Manik's mansion. He led me inside. He went to take a shower.

"Be comfortable. It's like your place." He screamed, from outside his room. Is it? What did he mean by that? I just walked into the kitchen. I found some juice and served myself. He didn't come back for long. I thought of just checking on him to see if he was okay. I went upstairs a few minutes after battling with my brain and heart. I walked past each room and finally found his room. The door had a picture of him with 4 others. I immediately recognised Cabir and Mukti. Who were the other two? I chucked the thought and knocked first. Nobody answered. I opened the door and went inside. The next thing I saw in front of me killed me inside.