Introductory Chapter

It was actually painful to be up that early in the morning. My alarm was blaring 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams' by Green Day as I lay there, blankly staring at the emptiness of the eggshell white ceiling. That day was a very important day, but it was tough just to try and leave my bed.

Alas, I managed to drag my limp body out of my cocoon of warmth. "Shut up, Billie Joe." I groaned as I tried (and failed) to hit the snooze button about fifteen times. The music ended abruptly, and I forced myself to the bathroom to shower.

I should probably introduce myself. I'm Rumour. Weird name, I know, but I have weird parents. I mean, my full name is Rumour Annabeth Davis (RAD), and my sister, Silver's middle name is Metallica. METALLICA. I live with my sister, and I love her. She's two years older than me, twenty three, and she's a photographer for Alternative Press. She's cooler than me all round, really. We grew up with our parents and our older brother, Evan, in New Jersey, then, when we were old enough, me and Silver upped our sticks to California.

I just realised how weird the phrase 'upped our sticks' is. The English language is strange.

Anyway, while my sister was doing photo-shoots for bands I'd never heard of, I was desperately trying to find a job other than making coffee for sad middle-aged people and scary teenage girls who are exactly the same as each other.

Because my sister has connections with record labels, naturally, she recommended me to Fueled By Ramen, who just so (coincidentally) happened to be looking for interns. I had the interview and a few days later, I got the call to ask if I could start on Monday at 8.

And there I was. Beginning to get ready for my first day as the intern.

/////

Here is where it all starts. All of the regrettable shitty storylines and the cringey writing. Do enjoy yourself, if you can.

- boycott.love 2/10/15
- updated 18/10/15 {00:16}