Chapter One

Padding along the carpeted hallway with a towel wrapped around my body, my sister, Silver, decides to show her face for he first time this morning.

"Good morning, sister, what a veritable thrill it is to see you here." She greets, putting on her very best attempt at a British accent.

"Go and apologise to England for that horrendous attempt at an impression." I said, groggily dragging myself into my bedroom.

"Charming." she said sarcastically. "You off to work today, then, missus?"

"Still not married, Silv, and yes, I am 'off to work', O British One." I retort in a sarcastic tone.

"Cool it, little sister. I'm only trying to help." She walked into my room with me, rubbing her hands together after she opened my closet doors and peered inside. "What's the dress code, Ru?"

"Smart casual," I replied, "why are you helping me choose my outfit?"

"Small child! It's your first day of work! 'Why' is not the question. There are no questions, nor any answers as to exactly why your sister is helping to make a good first impression." Here we go with the accent again.
She's ridiculous.

I roll my eyes and chuckle at her ever-failing Downton Abbey wannabe impersonation.

"Go ahead then. Choose the impression I shall make on my soon to be new colleagues."

She claps in humorous excitement. "Okay, so I was thinking a kind of mysterious, skater-ey, punky vibe with class?"

"Silver, when have I ever been a punk in my life? That's your job." She nodded in agreement, yet proceeded to produce my cleanest, smartest looking pair of black jeans and a black and white Run DMC t-shirt.

"Flannel or blazer?" She questioned.

"Blazer. A flannel and it would simply be what I wear on a normal day." I said, bearing in mind the guidelines of smart casual.
_____________________

"You sure you don't want me to drive you?" Silver asked, getting increasingly paranoid.

"Silv, I'm fine, I can walk. It's half seven in the morning, nothing's gonna jump out of a sewer and kidnap me."

She scoffed and pulled me into a hug that almost crushed my lungs. "Good luck, little sis. Love you."

I gave her a small wave and a smile as I started making my way down the sidewalk to my new job.