Getting Close

Nathan's POV

I had absolutely nothing to do and only thing came to my mind- James. I mean he did offer to tutor me and I have his number.

What if he's busy? I asked nervously looking at his contact in my phone

He isn't, just text him Eren groaned and I sighed

Here goes nothing, I said going to my messages

Me- Hey, I was wondering if you weren't busy you can tutor me?

I threw my phone aside and stared at the ceiling, waiting a couples before my phone vibrated.

James- Yeah, you can come over in a hour or two, I just have to do some cleaning.

Me- Okay, I'll see ya later (^_^)

James- Okay laters ( ´ ▽ ' )ノ

An hour and half later....

I pulled up in the driveway, tapping the steering wheel nervously.

"Just go inside ya idiot!", I said sucking in my breath and laid my head back "you're just studying, no big deal"

Knock knock

I looked over at the passenger window to see James with a small smile. He waved his hand, silently telling me to come to the house with him. I nodded, grabbed my bag, and got out the car.

"What were you doing the car?", he asked with a small chuckled as we walked to his front door

"Just zoned out for a moment, I guessed", I replied looking down and we entered his house. It was nice and modern, nothing like mines but comfortable. He led me to the living room then went into kitchen, saying he would get some snacks. I, being a little curious guy that I am, I looked at the family pictures.

I smiled at the young James, he was wearing a ninja costume and smiling like crazy. The woman next to him was smiling and she was wearing a Catwoman costume. That must be his mom, I thought. I looked at more pictures, none of them were recent

"I wonder why?", I whispered lowly to myself. I remembered seeing his father, I don't think he's a loveable person. He seemed angry all the time and James was a sweet and peaceful person

"Okay, here ya go", I heard him as he reentered the living and handed me a plate "hope you don't mind peanut butter and jelly, because I don't know what you like"

"I like everything", I replied turning around and he chuckled "except of raisins"

"Yeah, those are weird", he commented scrunching up his nose as I sat on the couch "it feels like I'm eating little old people". I raised my eyebrow then we both laughed. His laugh was adorable, like a little kid

"My absolute favorite", he paused for a moment to take a Popsicle out of his pocket "is blueberry Popsicle"

"Wow, that happened to be my favorite too", I stated and he smirked "do you have another one? I didn't have one in a long time"

"No problem". He went into the kitchen and came back a Popsicle for me

"Thanks", I mumbled taking it when he handed it to me "okay, let's get started".

An hour later......

"Can't believe you watch Face Off", James commented with a smile and I nodded "you just... You don't seem like that type..."

"That's because you don't know me that well", I stated and he shrugged

"Well since we've known each other since freshman year and we're on the swim team", he mentioned looking away then continued "I think it's only fair that we get to know each"

"Ha, yeah sounds about right", I replied then held out my hand "hello my name Nathan Beckham, I'm Captain of the swim team. You are?"

"Really?", he giggled and I held my blush back, but put his hand in mine "I'm James Hall, Co- Captain of the swim team".