#freeyourbody

#freeyourbody is an amazing campaign started by TahliePurvis to support characters with different body types, races, conditions, etc.

Dedicated to anyone who has ever felt bad about themselves for an uncontrollable reason, to those who are made to think they're inadequate, and the ones who want so desperately to change who they are. Your flaws are not imperfections, and change is not bad, but don't lose sight of yourself in the process.

Summary

As far as Gerry is concerned, he has a curse. The curse of being a teenager. He's got a wide, oily forehead dotted with a large assortment of zits, pimples, and acne scars. On top of that, he's awkward, dresses like his mom still shops for him, which she does, not that there's anything wrong with that. (Right?) He's terrified of social interaction and can't talk to anyone but Dena and Carlos for the life of him. However, being a teenager is not just his curse to bear. Everyone gets the occasional breakout, or so his mom says, but it doesn't bother him at all, and his friends don't care if he has acne or dresses very juvenile. Gerry never tried hard to get rid of it, and he liked the sweaters his mom chose. Now it's junior year, and the tables have turned. He becomes infatuated with Cadence McAllister, the new girl at his school, spurring him on a desperate mission to find a remedy that will make his 'imperfections' disappear.

Unedited

Began
10/19/15

Completed
2/10/16