I Love You

ALY'S POV

"I love you, Greyson." I mumbled softly against his neck, nuzzling closer to him. I have been with Greyson for almost a year, today being our eleventh 'monthsary' together. I look up to his brown orbs with my sapphire blue ones, waiting for his reply.

Our relationship is almost perfect. Greyson makes me happy, and he tells me occasionally that I make him ecstatic. I am in love with him, but I'm not sure if he feels the same way. Every single time I confess my love to him, he won't say those three words which I've never ever heard escape from his mouth. I love you. Instead, all he does is blush, nod and kiss me. I appreciate his physical acts of love, but saying those three words will just make my heart flutter.

Greyson is a troubled teenager. His parents were never there for him. They treated him so badly that he ran away from his family to live independently. Even though that, when he lived with his parents, they threw words that hurt like knives. They'd tell him how worthless he is and all the negative things one can ever think of.

As a result, he used to cut himself as well as hurt himself in other ways. He isolated himself from other people, always wanted to be alone. But from what I know and what he told me, if all stopped when we dated. He told me that I cured him.

As usual, the familiar blush creep onto his now crimson red cheeks as he nod before leaning in to place a gentle kiss on my forehead. After his actions, I waited for his reply, in hopes that finally, on one eleventh 'monthsary', he'll say those three words that'll bring us to a higher level in our relationship. But no, he just stayed silent.

Letting out a sigh, I sat up from my position, crossing my arms as I faced him. "Greyson, we need to talk."

He quickly sat up from his position, looking at me intently and worriedly as he fiddled with his fingers; a gesture he always did when he was worried or nervous.

"I feel like.. When are you going to tell  me that you love me?" I finally ask after a moment of silence with a sigh.

GREYSON'S POV

"We need to talk." When someone says that, it always mean something is not good.

I immediately sat up, staring at her nervously as I fiddled with my fingers. I had no idea what was going on, but my heart was beating slighter faster against its cage. Aly kept silent for a moment, as though she was trying to put words together on how to explain what she had to say.

Finally, she spoke up, "I feel like.. When are you going to tell me that you love me?" Her voice was hushed and soft. But I can hear the hurt in her voice. My eyes were locked on hers which were searching my eyes.

"I.." I trailed off, thinking for an answer. All that I'm feeling now is guilt considering even on out monthsary, our eleventh one, I am yet unable to say that I love her back. The truth is, I love her. Wait, I'm deeply in love with her.

But the thing is,  I am afraid to tell her. Because I am afraid it is all just a game to her. Let's be honest. I'm Greyson Michael Chance. A high school student who fails almost all his classes, can't even find a part time job, indigent and also gets in a heck load of fights. She's Aly. She is a extremely beautiful high school student with straight A's, a volunteer at a pet shelter and is probably the most sweetest, caring and humble person you've ever met even though she's from a  affluent family. How is even possible for someone like her to love a needy person like me? Life isn't a fairytale book.

What if when I tell her that I love her, she'll just smile and leave me forever?

"You what, Greyson?" She asked again, her voice raised ever so slightly.