The Soul-Saver - Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I’m nothing, I’m no one, I don’t exist…. I merely… am.

I’m sitting in the back of a police vehicle hands tied behind my back, I see people running around, shouting. I see lots of flashing blue and red lights. People, slapping the window shouting at me, shouting, shouting… I don’t know what. I don’t care… I don’t want to remember, I don’t want to think.

I cross my legs, and recall my dad’s words: “Son, if things get to be too much, meditate, be in the moment, forget the past, don’t think of tomorrow… Don’t think.” So I just turned my eyes inward, and forgot and found that utter still place in my soul and stayed there, not wanting to leave not wanting to think, not wanting to remember.

Later in a cage, persons were shouting at me, but I could not hear, I just stayed in my soul, I just continued to rest. I felt the familiar surges of internal power surge through my body, keeping me warm even though I was sitting in the middle of winter in only a short sleeved shirt, with long sweat pants and no shoes.

Later in a white room with a person, shining a light in first the one eye and then the other, I could all the while see his lips moving… saw his head shaking.

Later back in a padded room, un-cuffed, I was left alone, to just sit, in the blissful quiet of my heart, floating, and just… being.

That’s when I first heard him.

“Andrew!!”, the voice was larger than life, all around me.

“Is that you…God”, I whispered.

“Andrew… We need to put some things right…. Grievous sins were committed, a price must be paid.”, the voice said.

“God, I don’t want to get involved, I… I, just want to stay here… “, I whispered.

“I’ll help you Andrew. Would you like it, if I help you? If you do, ask me to take control of your life.”, the voice asked.

“Yes, Lord, please do… please take control of my life. But if you don’t mind, I’m just going to stay here, in the stillness of your heart.”, I whispered.

I felt myself get up, and heard myself call to the guard at the door…..