Chapter Three: Drakis and Lyle's POV

Please vote and comment! Critisim is welcome!

My name is Drakis. I'm sixteen, and I live in a foster home. If you ask certain people what live in foster homes waht they think about it, what's the answer you will normally get?

"I've never lived in a real home, with a real family. Life for me sucks."

And if you ask me? I'll answer you honsetly.

This is home. Has been since I was thirteen. Once you live in one place long enough, and as long as you are treated right and you're respected, that's what I consider a home. Once again, I'll be brutally honset with you. This foster home is more of a real home than when i was with my parents.

My father worked all the time. if he worked first shift, he was home that afternoon and would go right to bed. If it was second shift? He slept all morning. And third shift? He slept all day and afternoon. If someone woke him up, you got beat.

My mom loved to bake. You could smell whatever she was baking all the way around the block and then some.

Which means it obviously made the house smell good.

My father though otherwise. He claimed the smell of my mother's baking woke him. So he'd beat her.

One day, he beat her so  badly that she had internal bleeding in her brain.

My mom died at the hands of my own father three days later.

He went to court and was found guilty of severe abuse and neglect to his children (my little brother, Lyle, and I), and the murder of his wife. The judge ordered a complete look-over for me and my little brother. The nurse found one bruise on me and several on Lyle. I cried when i found out.

We were sent to a foster home immediatly following my father's case.

I locked myself in my room for weeks. Nobody could get me to come out. My foster father tried everything he could, but he reminded me too much of my own father.

My foster mother on the other hand.....

On the rare occasions that i went to the  bathroom or stepped out to make a phone call, she'd find a way into my locked room and leave notes and food along with a time and place to meet her.

The thirteenth note said to meet her in the auditorium right away.

I was curious so i went. When i found her it was not what I expected.....

**LYLE'S POV**

I saw my older brother before he even noticed i was in the room. When he walked in with our foster mom and saw the guitars and drums, the look on his face!

Priceless!

I walk over to the lead guitarist, Breena, and tell her which song to do next. She nods, so I motion the the drummer and bass guitarist.

Breena starts to play the beginning part of "Believe" by Skillet.

I look at my brother as i start to sing.

"I'm still trying to figure out how to tell you I was wrong. I can't seem to fill the emptyness inside since you've been gone."

When i think back on it, I honestly believe that my choosing that song that day is waht got Drakis out of his shell.