CHAPTER THREE

unedited.

SLAUGHTER -

CHAPTER THREE : UNEXPECTED MEETING

J U S T I N E W I L L I A M -

[ A u g u s t 1 9 , 2 0 1 6 ]

Sitting at his office table, staring at the wall, watching the clock ticks. Every tick of the clock feels like eternity. He hates waiting. He hates anything related to waiting... why does he have to be so... impatient? This is not him- at least used to be- typically not him...

Tick,

...Justine He closed his eyes, as Mimi's voice entered Justine's ears. Why wouldn't you stop?

"Why wouldn't you stop..."

He remembered something, he just can't pinpoint which is which...

Tock,

It was just like a forgotten déja vú.

He inhaled sharply as the clock's tick played into his ears.

Tick,

He closed his eyes-again- silently praying for the dark fairy-tale to stop... this... instant. His hands are shaking and wet. His breath hitched. Sweat dripped into his face and body. Then he opened his eyes... still breathing uneasily, then he gulped. Something doesn't seems right. Where did it go wrong? Tell me... where?

"Why- why are you here-" he backed off into the wall. "What do you want from me!" He starts breathing and shaking heavily, tears spread into his eyes. Just where did it went wrong...?

Hmm hmm hmm hmm hmmm

That humming.

It sounded so familiar.

He covered his ears. "STOP" he halted. "STOP" he, once again shouted. He felt the man's presence went nearer and nearer, "the monster in the corner will eat you" the silhouetted man chuckled bitterly, then just like that, he walked away, humming that song again.

His vision went blurry. His breathing is high- then he collapsed on the ground. 'I didn't do it' was the last thing Justine murmured onto his mouth.

Did what?

Stole the food?

Kill Mimi?

He wondered why'd he came back? What does he want? For almost eight years after he recovered, why now? To mess him up again? That man, the monster in the corner he once called came back. Surely he have had reasons...where has it went wrong? Where has it went wrong to trigger that man's interest to come back? He laid down in there, emotionless, and unconscious. He was alone, in his office; in a room with nobody, in a room where all you could hear is the muting sound of emptiness.

Then there was a knock. It was Gwen, his newbie secretary.

When she heard no reply, or signal for her to come in, she then opened the door. She didn't want to bother whatever happened to her most arrogant boss when she had heard him shouted... she just thought it was some dumb employee calling on him again, but something told her that's not it. So curiosity summoned her and went to his door, listening.. it was not clear though. She pressed her left ear to listen, but it was no use. After standing for like thirty minutes infront of his door, she finally knocked, but sadly, heard no reply. That made her heart pounds unconsciously. She went inside, only to find him...unconscious, and pale. She gasped. She went to him, with her phone on her shaking right hand.