Chapter 6: The Nightly Round

It was getting later into the rounds. It was already 5:30 the last time you had checked. You had rounded the whole city over 3 times and hadn't seen anything. You didn't know if Roy felt it, but ever since the third round it had felt as of someone was watching the two of you. You decide to check your watch again only to see it was 6.
"Hey, I will be right back. I need to use the restroom." You tell Roy. He nods his head and you head to the nearest little shop. The store clerk smiles at you as you head back to the bathroom. You take a minute after your done fixing your hair. It was really unruly. You decide to just leave it down. You walk back out of the shop to find Roy. But you don't see him.
Maybe he had gone off looking for you. Then you hear something. It sounds like him, but you're not really sure about that.
"I'm over here (y/n). I wanted to be out of the open." Not really believing it you walk into the alley where you heard the voice. "Back here." You walk to the back where its even darker, which is hardly possible considering it was already dark out. Surely enough you see Roy. But something seems off about him.
"Uh, Roy, its not like you to be in a place like this." He shrugs his shoulders, walking over to you. You look up into his eyes, but they're not the same. "You're not Roy."
"Of course I am what do you mean? Don't hurt my feelings." He says stepping even closer. He steps right up until he's practically on top of you. You take a step back. This definitely wasn't Roy.
"Come here." He says. When you shake your head he steps up and pushes you back against the wall. "I just wanted to tell you something." It says. You really didn't know what this thing was.
"You could've just said something." You say. Trying to push him off with your arms. But he pins your arms and hands against the wall. You try and break free but it has to tight of a grip. He leans in. "I always thought you were pretty." He says. He brushes the hair from your face. Then he kisses you. But you refuse to kiss back. He tries to ask for entrance but you won't allow it.
You take your left foot and kick him in the chest and off of you onto the ground. "You aren't Roy. Show your real face." You put your foot on his chest. Just then the hopefully real Roy decides to show up. He looks at the scenario.
Then sparks start to fly off of "it". When they stop you see a guy about your height with palm tree leaves for hair. He must only way 50 pounds because he was stick skinny.
"That's the homunculi envy. One of the guys we have been looking for." Roy says stepping up. He's about to pull out his gloves, but before he can you put out you hand to him, signaling him to stop.
"I've got this." Then you snap with the other hand aiming at envy and you hit spot on his hair. He looks like a dancing palm tree trying to get his hair to stop flaming. Before he can put out the flames you snap again and his whole body sets afire.
But the flames go out after a minute. He jump up onto the wall and to the roof. "You better watch your back, (l/n), you picked the wrong one of us to mess with." He disappears after he says that. You lean up against the brick wall and slide down, taking a deep breathe.
"Are you okay? You don't look to good." You look up at him.
"Thanks. That makes me feel so much better. And no, I don't feel the best, but I'll be okay." You tell him.
"Did he do anything to you?" He asks. The kiss flashes into your mind but you shake it out of your brain. "He only made me hit my head slightly, but other than that, no. I wasn't stupid enough to think he was actually you." You say. A few things had given it away.
"What gave it away? He looked exactly like me." He asks. Now you regret saying the latter. He looks at you expecting an answer.
"For one, his eyes looked different. Second, the way he talked and walked. Third..." You don't finish, not wanting to tell him.
"Third?" He asks. You sigh. "I can tell by the way you're acting that there is a third reason." He finishes.
"Do you really want to know? Really?" You ask. "Yes. I do." You know he does but ask again. "Are you sure?" He sighs. "Yes I'm sure. What can be so bad you don't want to tell me?!?"
"He slammed me up against the wall and kissed me. He tried to take it farther but I kicked him off and onto the ground. There, that make you happy?" You practically yell. His face falls.
"No... You said he didn't do anything." He says, seeming hurt.
"I didn't want you thinking.....I didn't.... I.." You can't finish. You know he wouldn't return the feelings.
"You didn't what?" He asks getting down to your level.
"As soon as I figured out it wasn't you I tried to figure out how to get away. But he slammed me into the wall before I could. I didn't want to kiss anyone.....unless it was really you." You say finishing. You look down, prepared for a rejection.
But you feel a finger lifting your chin up. You look into his eyes. "I'm glad you feel that way." He says. Then he leans in, and kisses you. A real kiss from the real Roy Mustang. He kisses you softly with his hand on you cheek. You had never felt anything like it, you think as you start to kiss back. It lasts a minute longer before you pull away for air. He just looks at you and smirks. And you can't help but smile back.