Prologue Pt. 2 - Ancient

Mary/Grandma POV

I walk deeper and deeper through the thick forest until I reach the point where I determine it's safe to teleport.

I simply stop right where I am standing to close my eyes. I call him and ask for his permission to enter which he promptly grants.

He still remembers! That old stick!

My eyes snap open to see a grand Victorian mansion standing sinisterly in a creepy unkept forest. I walk up the steps and am greeted at the door by a young..scratch that..a stitched corpse. It's still got it's feminine beauty but it's covered in thick and gruesome stitches. It has hair like Jodi does in the summer and red eyes.

I walk past the corpse and straight to Slender's office which is a large library with a cozy fireplace. Barging in through the oak doors, I smile wickedly at my dear old friend.

Slenderman.

Slenderman's POV

I adore Mary. She's a master behind the art of killing and a legend. As an ancient she can maintain her seriousness but continue having a humored conversation. All ancients have that similar tinge of silent menace that nurse Ann has almost got down but she lays it on a bit too thick. Like all youngsters now a days, she tries too hard.

" Mary," I nod.

" Slender, how are you. I presume the pale stick has kept up his ways?" She answers monotonously. She's hilarious!

" Almost better than before. So what have you come here for?"

" Oh, Slendy," she whines, " I thought that you would be more welcoming! Why after all it's been nearly half a century. "

" I agree, far too long for our comfort but it surprises me. What is it that has provoked you to arrive."

" You're keener, I'll give you that, stick, but you are right. I am not here to visit just for the sake of visiting. I am near death. I reckon I have only a few days left until I officially leave this earth."

My words lodge themselves in my throat.

Mary gone? For good?

" Nonsense! The cur-" I stop short as she shakes her head.

" The highest ritual will be performed," I answer in dismay. A smile graces her face as I said this.

" That's the spirit! Now don't forget a single detail! I want the whole shebang. No shortcuts like you did for Jack the Ripper may he rest in peace."

Nostalgia engulfs my being as I nod solemnly.

" Of course. At least spend a while here. We could see you out to the end of your days properly, " I offer genuinely but she shakes her head again.

" I assure you, I will see to my own well being. Besides, you know how I love Alaska. Don't keep me caged in this shack," she says.

" Alright, have it your way."