Chapter 5 - Missed You Maddie

The TV made a flickering noise as it purred to life. When the screen became visible, I saw the local 'Channel 6 Nightly News' with Christopher Abernathy. The dude was a total tool, but it was the only local news that was actually somewhat accurate at this time.

"... also more commonly known as 'Maddie' or 'Madds' according to her mother, has gone missing. Although only gone for more than a few hours, a note was left for her mom in her own handwriting stating 'Mom, if you're reading this I'm terribly sorry, but my friends need me. I'll be home when I can be.' ..." Rambled anchorman Abernathy.

"Dude where is she?" I asked Danny.

"Well, I think-" He replied, before being cut off by a loud pounding at the door.

Getting up from my chair, I tightened my robe a bit more and peered through the peephole. I saw Maddie standing with muddy clothes and her pink tank top tattered revealing a portion of her bra. Although in awful shape, she still looked gorgeous as always. I shook my head to rid my day-dreams and hollered to Danny: "Hey dude, it's Madds!"

Undoing the nob lock, I slowly pulled the door open, only to have it slam me against the wall as Maddie forcefully made her way in. I was in slight pain, but shut the door after her.

"Well ouch Maddie. Good to see you too." I grunted.

"Awe are you hurt? I'm so sorry!" She said, spinning around and running towards me. She gave me one of her world-class hugs, but only for a brief moment to ensure I wasn't dying or something. She kissed my forehead and wandered into the suite.

"Where the hell is Bentley?" Maddie questioned angrily.

"Erm, in the bathroom I'm pretty sure." replied Danny.

"Okay I guess I'll talk to him later then. Where can I sleep?"

"Well there's only three beds and after trudging through mud I can guarantee that none of us are willing to sleep on the floor" Danny said back to her silly question.

"You're with us now Maddie?" I asked.

"Yep. Well these beds are queens, so I'll crash with you Matthew." She said, "If that's cool with you I mean?"

"Yeah I guess I don't care" I said back. I had always kind of liked her as more than a friend and I think she always had feelings too. This far back we were to scared to make moves on each other I think, which is kind of unfortunate because I loved her so much. Those little 'friendship' kisses on the forehead and cheek every now and then were heavenly and I wanted so badly to kiss her back. Some might find it weird or inappropriate for us to share a bed, but we were with friends, and she had nowhere else to sleep.

"I came back because I couldn't leave my friends." Maddie said with a bit of a frown. Danny, like a ninja, turned the TV off in the background without her even noticing. "I left a note for my mom. Hopefully we aren't gone for too long. I couldn't leave you dummies to clean up Bentley's mess on your own, now could I?"

I chuckled. She was right, we really enjoyed her company, and help was something we couldn't get enough of at this point. Her long blonde hair waved down past her elbows, laced with mud and small pieces of grass. Her shirt was soaked and torn in several places, her black bra peeking out from different locations of her torso. Her small Nike shorts were completely ruined, covered in mud and other minerals as well.

"I really need a shower and some new clothes dudes. I can't go down to the front desk, if my mom called it in already, I could be recognized. I doubt my mom has filed anything yet, but you never know. Can one of you ask if they have any other robes or something downstairs?" Pleaded Maddie.

Before one of us could respond, Bentley busted out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist. He shook his head, sending droplets of water through the air.

"I'll head down there if Danny wants to come with?" Bentley said, giving away his eavesdropping capabilities. Looking back, I'm surprised nobody advised against it, given he was wearing nothing but a towel.

Danny and Bentley wandered out of the hotel room, slamming the heavy wooden door behind them. I wandered over to the bed and collapsed onto it, looking up at Maddie. Her dark brown eyes locked onto mine. Smiling, trotted to the bathroom and grabbed a towel. Lying it down on the bed next to me, she collapsed onto it, keeping dirt from ruining our bed sheets.

"Matt, I really need to talk to you." She said in the most elegant, quiet voice I've ever heard from her.

"Anything Maddie. You know you can always talk to me." I half-whispered back. I wasn't quite sure of the level at which I should keep my tone of voice.

"I have so much I want to say, I just.. I don't know how to say it. You get what I mean?" She asked.

"Well, why'd you lie down next to me this close if you didn't want to tell me something so important?" I asked back, half chuckling.

Leaning in, she kissed me. Not on the cheek, not on the forehead, but plump on the lips. My eyes shot open, but my body kissed back. Imagine every firework in existence shooting off into the air at once. My heart began to flutter and I felt extremely elated. I pulled away, and her eyes slowly opened.

"Cause I thought it would be better to show you, Matthew." She said back.

As soon as she pulled away, our buddies busted through the door. Stacks of towels and other soft white clothe filled their arms.

"I got robes, bitches!" Bentley hollered.

Jumping from the bed, Maddie ran to Bentley, ripped a robe clean from his hands and dove into the bathroom, the door slamming behind her.

"Bro, you look like you just had your first kiss or something. You're creeping me out man." Danny said, laughing. He had no idea.