The Heist

March 29, 2013

Hello, my name is Matthew Davis. At the age of 16, I became a multi-millionaire, stealing over $233.5 Million Dollars, before turning 17. I had a crew, whom are split up now. Today, I am 25, I live in an undisclosed location, and haven't talked face to face with another human being in over 3 months. I have pooled together over $50 Million Dollars, to become invisible, and to disappear off of the face of the earth. I was in love, I had a life, I had friends...And quite honestly, I feel ashamed leaving them behind, but I can't think about that now. I became the youngest millionaire in the world, yet was never actually looked up to. Most people don't choose criminals from the top 10 most wanted for their role models. I gave my all to achieve my ultimate goal; And here, is how I did it.

March 29, 2004

It's my birthday today, and I received this journal. Not really sure what to do with it, but I guess, according to Maddie, I'm supposed to document everything I do. Maddie is my closest friend, out of the few I have.

I suppose I should start off with explaining who I am. Well, I am Matthew Davis, but people call me Matt. I live in Summerlin, Nevada; A small suburb just outside of Las Vegas, and I guess you could say I live alone. My mother died when I was only five, and ever since, my dad has just been a lazy bum. Every day, he continues sitting on the living room couch, watching the history channel, and over-drinking. Every morning, I clean up the cans, make breakfast for us both, and head out to school.

I don't do very well in school, mostly D's and F's. No matter how hard I try, it's extremely hard to study when I have my father blaring 'Deadliest Catch', or he's screaming at the football game, or worst of all, when he invites all of his other drunk buddies over to our house, and they all make messes, and yell, and shout, and scream, and break things. Then in the morning, I get yelled at because things aren't already cleaned up.

Obviously, as you may have guessed, my father is very poorly educated, and refuses to help me with any homework I have. He dropped out of College to raise me, and start a family.

I have a few friends, and all together, we form a rag-tag group of hooligans. I have Maddie, whom is my closest friend. She and I have been through everything together, and have been neighbors since we were only in Kindergarten.

Then there's Bentley...Quite a character he is. Quite strong, and always getting in fights. People pick on him for his nerdy side, but it doesn't take much to set him off, and get his fist in your face. He's obsessed with video games, and is almost always sitting around doing nothing. The only reason he's buff, is because his dad makes him go to the gym and lift weights for an hour everyday after school. I just met him a couple years ago, but I can rely on him for any favor I need.

Last but not least we've got Daniel, or 'Danny'. He's ridiculously smart. He can speak French just as well as English, and is fluent in over 10 different programming languages. At 14, he built his first website, and has made dozens more since. He now works freelance online, building web apps for people who need them. He used to be a hacker until he met Jane, who's this new chick he met last year. He always says some stupid crap about how she makes him a 'better person'. I guess she's nice, but none of us know much about her. Anyways, I've have known Danny for over 5 years, and he's almost as close to me as Maddie.

I work at a Sinclair gas station just off the interstate. Pay is horrible, but I figure it's better than nothing. I could be working at a sweat shop if I was born in China, so I'll take this any day. My boss is a total idiot, and never gets things fixed on time when they get broken. I'm just glad that I don't have my shift alone, and that I work days. I actually work with Bentley, and that's a big reason why we became close.

I am 16 today, on March 29th. Every time that one of us rag-tags, has a birthday, we all spend the the night and stay up late playing video games, and watching movies. Danny says he has the movies covered for tonight. Apparently he rented a bunch of scary movies, and one Comedy to watch after the fact, to hopefully prevent nightmares. As tradition, I always bring the refreshments, which tonight are my favorite: Orange Soda, and Red Monster. Maddie's mom always comments on how unhealthy it is, but we have to live while we can right?

Bentley, as always, has the snacks. For some odd reason he never tells us what he's bringing, and it's always something that we all could have guessed, but we act like we're surprised to make him feel better. It's always Dill Pickle Chips, Spicy Cheetos, Gummy Worms, and Double Stuffed Oreos. I can honestly say, that on our birthdays, we probably gain at least five pounds.

Maddie, finally, is no matter what, in charge of the cake. She's an incredible baker, and just talking about it makes my mouth water. I feel bad that I can't return the favor to her sometimes for all she does for me, but she doesn't seem to mind. It sounds pretty lame, so I just hope to god that nobody finds this journal, but honestly... I couldn't ask for better friends. I love them all.

I guess I'll just write things as they happen from now on. Is that how this works? Okay well I'll write some more later, Maddie is calling me to come check out the movies that Danny brought.

***I noticed that I spelled Maddie's name wrong, as Maddy, for the last few paragraphs, so if you find a place where it is spelled with a y, please comment below and tell me where at! Thank you very much, and please give me some feedback so that I can improve!***