One True Love... Coffee

"...(Y/n)..."

A hushed voice drifted into your dreams, beaconing to you from another place. It was hazy and filtered through feathery ethereal tones.

"(Y/n)..."

The voice grew more persistent. It's tone transfigured into a clearer, deeper, sound. One that was almost familiar.

"(Y/n)."

A determined force clamped onto your upper arm and jarred you. It's frosty fingertips dredged you from the depths of sleep and back into the conscious realm.

"(Y/n)!"

You swept your lethargic palms over your sleep encumbered eyes. The blurry mist of sleep was lifted  from your view as they traveled over your eyes. This re-gifted clarity allowed you stark picture your "guest".

The golden morning rays outlined a inordinately familiar man hovering above you. The man was still lightly rattling your arm, despite your conscious state. His monotone voice released your name into the icy air upon a cloud of mist.

You breathed an inaudible sigh and elevated you upper body to his level.

"Lukas? What the heck-"

With an even more than usual absence of words, Lukas abandoned his current task of waking you, seeing as it was successful, and paced closer you.

He bent down to where his lavender eyes met yours. You could almost swear they were shining with a immense excitement... It must have been the incoming sunlight.

"Come with me..."

The spritely Norwegian slipped his soft hand into yours and hoisted you from the warmth of the covers. He strode over the carpet and down the slick planks of the chilly landing. When reaching the myriad of steps, Lukas even contemplated taking the quick way down and straddled the stair railing.

"What's going on, Lukas? You're not your self this morning..."

The silent Norwegian turned his head and gave you an light, adorable, laugh. You had never seen him smile, much less laugh! You didn't even know he could laugh!

He winked, yes, winked, and slipped down the stair railing with a cheerful grin contorting his lips.

You sloppily bounded down the winding steps in an effort to catch Lukas or at least his imposter. You halted at the final step and watched as the elated Norwegian frolicked into the kitchen.

You suspiciously squinted your eyes and hesitantly followed the sound of the Norwegian's humming into the kitchen.

What stunned you even more than Lukas' new attitude was the much more familiar scent that swirled around you in the wafts of crisp morning air.

It couldn't be!

Your eyes watered from the pure joy (or potent scent) that came from the light brown liquid that Lukas was currently drizzling into two clay mugs.

Lukas happily waltzed over to you with each mug supported each hand.

"Would you like some coffee, (Y/n)?" Lukas offered the mug of sweet ambrosia. The only reaction you could muster was a series of rattling nods.

Lukas sauntered over to a small spruce coffee table and set the two mugs down gently, as to not spill any of its valuable contents. You scrambled to the table and plopped down in one of the sturdy seats.

You gazed at the steam rising from the tantalizing liquid and the way little coffee currents flowed in spiral patterns. It was almost too good to be true. Now, you could understand why Lukas was behaving so strangely.

Lukas raised a solitary eyebrow at the child-like look of wonder and amazement that presented itself on your face.

"Go head and drink it. It's not going to bite." He said with the beginning of a smirk making its way on to his face.

You nodded in agreement and clasped the mug in your shaky hands. You tilted the lip of the mug and let the warm concoction cascade down your tongue in a stream of lightly brewed flavors.

Oh, how I missed you, coffee. Never leave me again.

You attempted to slowly sip the coffee, to be polite, but within a few moments the mug was already drained.

"This coffee is awesome, Lukas. Where did you get it from?"

Lukas lowered his mug from his mouth and turned to face you completely.

"It's a special brew I obtained from trading in Dublin. I'll have to show you that city some time."

Lukas stood from his chair and pushed it in swiftly.

"Speaking of showing you things, I have some where to take you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the micro-chapter guys, but it's better than nothing, right?

Have a wonderful Christmas (or any other celebration) and I hope Finland gives you all awesome presents! :)