Surprise!

I've just realized how wrong I've been spelling Mathias. I have just learned it was spelled Matthias. Well, yet another reason I'm such a derp. XD

I'm sorry for those of you who knew the correct way to spell it. Unfortunately, I've gotten so used to it I think I might keep it that way.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mathias reclined in his seat, massaging his bulging belly with satisfaction.

"Man, that breakfast was AWE-TO-THE-SOME! It was almost as awesome as me!"

You giggled at Mathias' proclamation.

With his face buried in a book, Lukas huffed at the rowdy Dane. His lavender eyes rolled before returning their focus to the brittle yellow pages.

"What ever you say, Gilbert junior..."

You could sense the Norwegian's triumphant smirk radiating from behind the leather book binding.

"Pssh. You wish you could be as awesome as me!" Mathias announced, leaping from his seat. In a display of raw testosterone, the Dane started striking 'manly' poses right then and there. He flexed both his arms with that Danish sass.

I feel a nosebleed coming on...

Lukas was unperturbed by Mathias' awkward antics.

"Oh yes. Why wouldn't I want to look like a pineapple and smell like sweaty ham." Lukas quipped. Clearly, he was proud of his stinging jab at Mathias.

Mathias brushed off the sarcasm with a huge smirk.

"You know you love me!" Mathias continued to strut around the table. He swished his hips with more swagger than England dressed up for Carnival. (I know you got this :3)

"..Mathias?.."

Berwald stepped through the doorway between the dining room and kitchen. His light blue apron was still bound to his stocky frame. The fragrance of pastries lingered on the fabric, filling the room with its alluring scent.

The Dane froze mid-flex, eyes wide and filled with unbridled terror. He immediately stiffened. Waves of overwhelming glares crashed down on him. His muscular arms wilted and fell to his side.

"...Don't you have something to do?..."

Mathias relaxed for a second, allowing his shoulders to droop.

"Oh... Oh yeah! Hey, guys come with me. I have something cool to show you! It'll be sweet!"

"No." Lukas shot down the Dane's proposal in an instant.

Mathias' smile wavered for a moment before returning to its former goofiness.

"What about you, Sve?"

Berwald shook his head and lumbered up the stairs, off to his room.

He had been glued to his room since you got here. Almost obsessed with it. In fact he was there all morning. His scarce presence was another reason you were so ecstatic when breakfast rolled around. A single glimpse of the elusive Berwald sparked your curiosity.

Uncanny banging resounded from within his tidy room, they were succeeded by thick and heavy whacking sounds. Frustrated grunts frequently bounced between the light blue walls. You worried about the Swede's odd new habit.

I wonder if he's trying to avoid me. Is he mad at me or something?

You squinted at the door to Berwald's room. Something was going on.

A jovial, grinning face popped up in front of you. Mathias' blonde spikes barred your view of the door.

"I bet you want to see my surprise, (Y/n)! Um... (Y/n)?" Mathias beamed and nudged one of your slumped shoulders.

"Huh?" He pulled you out of your thoughts with a jolt.

"I'll take that as a yes!"

With a friendly tug on your arm, Mathias bounced out of the dining room and in the direction of the front door. He flung the heavy door open giddily.

"Hurry up, you turtle!" Mathias yipped.

You rolled your eyes and returned a meek smile.

"Oh, Brother..."

You watched your friend skip along the perimeter of the cabin. He flitted past the lake's shore, kicking up black pebbles as he went.

Walking the path of disturbed stones, you reached to the very back of the cabin.

The dense fortress of trees gave way to a flat patch of land waiting behind the cabin. The earth was smooth. Clearly, the product of Vikings.

The rugged corners of the space spanned from the back of the lodge, to the shore, and against a forge. This particular pattern drew a crude square in the dirt.

"Over here, Skildpadde (turtle)!"

A jittery Dane was jumping around the forge. His grin grew brighter with every step you took.

As you walked closer, you noticed that Mathias' hands were clasping something behind his back. A beam of sunlight glanced off the surface of the object. Mysterious...

"So what's the big surprise?"

Mathias' smile touched each cheek as he spoke.

"Are you ready?"

"Sure, why do you ask-"

In one swift movement Mathias transferred the mystery item to one hand and twirled an AX in front of your  face. The blade was inches from your nose.

"Ohmygosh!!! Are you trying to kill me!?!"

"Are you saying you don't like it?..."

The gleam is Mathias' eyes was extinguished. He turned away and sniffled a bit.

You breathed out a sigh, calming your heaving chest. You placed a shaky hand on his shoulder.

"It's not that... I just haven't been near so much awesome before."

"You don't mean that..." Mathias pouted.

"Of course I do! Do you know anyone else cool enough to give their friend a battle-ax?"

"I guess you're right. I am pretty cool..."

A sliver of happiness broke though his stormy demeanor.

Mathias straightened his back and stretched, collecting himself.

"Hey, (Y/n). Want to test it out?" He inspected the ax.

"Sure. Nothing says friendship like throwing around dangerous weaponry."

Your friend's immense joy bloomed in his features. He trotted off like a playful puppy, a skip in his step.

"You're insane, Mathias."

The Dane spun on his heel to face you. He chuckled.

"Can't have fun without a little crazy."