two

the girl from before had once again walked into the shop, hearing the bell ring faintly whilst she stepped inside. she saw the boy from the day prior, sitting at a booth along with his friend and she could feel her cheeks changing to a shade of crimson because of her staring.

       although she was tempted to stroll over towards them and say hi she thought better of it and simply went to order something.

       only problem is that she didn't know what to order exactly. again.

roughly five minutes passed and someone ordered for her instead. turning with once again flushed, red cheeks the girl looked at the boy that requested the worker for a smores milkshake. "trust me, you'll like it," he said, smiling at her. "at least let me pay this time."

       "nope. that isn—"

       "calum! look, i made it into a penguin!" someone the girl did not know—the boy's friend—shouted eagerly from the booth. chuckling and shaking his head the boy replied to his friend, "that's great, luke."

       "what's your name?" the girl suddenly asked, her eyes wandering to his lips, waiting for him to talk. "calum. yours?" he countered but the girl bit her lip.

       "not all strangers are allowed to know my name right away."

       thinking, calum decided on something. a shocker, really. "then i'm going to call you charlie because you wear brown a lot. and that's like charlie brown, and charlie can be a girl's name, right? that one show on disney ... uh her name i-is charlie. if you want me to change it because it's a guy name i wi—"

       the girl laughed—charlie laughed. "shut up, i like it."

       the sound the bottom of a cup makes when being slammed down onto a counter interrupted the two's conversation. "that'll be three dollars and fifty six cents."

       before calum had the chance to pay charlie yelled something. "your friend just took your phone! oh god, he's running away! oh no!"

       calum turned around and before he could turn back after realizing it was a joke the sound of a register echoed through the room.

       "hah, i got you." she was smirking and then proceeded to grab her drink off the table and take a sip. "you're right, i do like it. thanks calum."

       "uh erm your welcome? wait, no i was supposed to pay!"

       "too bad because i beat you."

calum, charlie, and calum's friend were sitting at the booth the boy and his friend were previously, charlie across from both of them. she learned his name—luke, the fact that he likes penguins, and that he unlike calum who's studying to be a doctor luke wants to be a chef. well, a baker really but whatever.