day 3

When Camila wakes up, the sun is just peeking through the half closed curtains. She blinks a few times, slightly disoriented, before realizing she's still on the couch in Lauren's living room. Her blanket fell off of her during the night, which explains why she's so cold. Stupid AC.

"Lauren?" she shouts, rolling off the couch. "Are you home yet?"

She holds her breath in hopes of hearing a reply, but it doesn't come. Lauren's probably still asleep.

She grabs her blanket and wraps it around her shoulders like a cape, trudging to the kitchen. The fridge is mostly empty, aside from a couple bottles of beer and other really unhealthy things, but she manages to find a few eggs to make an omelet.

She puts on music on her phone, skipping Lauren's songs. It just feels weird, listening to someone's music while you're in their house, and she's not too sure things wouldn't be awkward if Lauren came down and heard her own music.

After eating her breakfast with some OJ that seems decent enough, she decides to give the shower another chance not to burn her face off. Her hair still smells like smoke from Lauren's cigarettes, even though she hasn't seen her since yesterday evening.

It takes her a few minutes to remember how the shower works, but when she finally manages to find a nice temperature, it's like heaven.

After she gets out of the shower, she sits on the edge of her bed for another thirty minutes, reading tweets and Tumblr posts on her phone. Her selfie with Lauren got her hundreds of new followers in less than a day, and her notifications are full of people asking for more pictures together.

With a faint smile on her face, she writes another tweet. good morning LA. i'm not sure what we're doing today but i'm sure it's gonna be exciting :)

The more time she spends in LA with Lauren, the more she understands how Lauren managed to keep the whole thing with her manager a secret. As long as she doesn't address it, no one will know it's even happening. Camila always thought fans and press knew way more about a celebrity than they were supposed to, but lately, with everything she's finding out about Lauren, she's not so sure of that.

As she's sitting on her bed, it dawns on her that she hasn't slept in it yet. Her first night in LA she slept in Lauren's bed, and the second on Lauren's couch. It's probably a good thing the fans will never know. She can already see the tweets and Tumblr posts analyzing their relationship. Not that she'd be opposed to being in a relationship with Lauren, but it could potentially be painful, since Lauren definitely isn't into her like that. But for Camila it's getting harder every day to distinguish between admiring Lauren as a fan, and liking her as a person. Even with her weird hot-and-cold attitude, she has such a strong personality it's hard not to fall for her.

She spends some more time updating her social media accounts, before noticing it's nearly 10 AM. The days before this one, their day started way earlier than this, she's sure of it. Even though Briana hasn't contacted her yet, she can't imagine they don't have anything planned.

She slips off the bed and crosses the hallway to knock on Lauren's bedroom door. When Lauren doesn't answer, she tries again and calls her name, a bit louder this time.

"Lauren? It's me, Camila."

Still no response.

An uneasy feeling settles in Camila's stomach as she tries the door handle. It's unlocked. She pushes her way into the room, ignoring the feeling that she's being incredibly rude, remembering how she felt when Briana burst into the room the day before. But when she sees Lauren's empty bed, she forgets about privacy issues immediately.