Nightmares and Cuddles(10)

Time had passed, and Harry Potter was reasonably happy. If someone had told him in 1st year that Draco Malfoy and him would be friends much less lovers, well, he'd tell them to get their brain checked. Wearing a great, big grin on his face for the rest of the day, the Gryffindors were happy to have the old Harry back.

Draco Malfoy was reasonably happy as well. If someone had told him in 1st year that he and Harry Potter would be friends, or even lovers, he'd hope that they'd be right. He tried not to smile for the rest of the day, but instead was quite a bit nicer to everyone else. Meaning, of course, no more calling mud-Granger that horrid name. Or calling Weasel- Weasley that name either.

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy were together and everything was fine. At least, not for long. Fear comes at the most unexpected times you see.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Harry Potter is DEAD!" Voldemort screamed, and Draco's face visibly fell, a gloomy feeling washed over him. No, scratch that, a terror seemed to rise in his throat and an insane amount of grief seemed to cascade over him, almost making him fall to the ground.

"No....." He mumbled, heart-broken. Around him, shouts were rising over the cheering of the other Death Eaters.

"NO!"  That was Weasley. Torn because he lost his best friend.

"HARRY NO NOT HARRY!" That was everyone else. Mostly She-Weasel though. Draco wanted to death glare her, but didn't have the heart to do it.

"HARRY!" That was Granger. Harry was probably the closest thing she had to a brother.

"NO, POTTER GODDAMNIT! DON'T YOU DIE ON ME SCARHEAD" His voice rose, led by a few others screaming profanities at the Death Eaters. People looked at him strangely, but he shrugged it off. People change, you know?

Tears seemed to well up in Draco's eyes, obscuring his vision. He couldn't help it. He dropped his head and stood as silent tears seemed to streamed down his pale face.
*FLASH*
"This is preposterous. My father shall hear about this." Draco Malfoy bitterly snapped, sneering at Professor Lupin.

Professor Lupin smiled kindly. They were in a one-on-one class since Draco had refused to participate before. "Are you ready?" Despite being furious, Draco nodded.

As the doors opened, the boggart stepped out, taking form of his 'father' Lucius Malfoy. Instead of pulling his wand out, Draco's face visibly went frigid and Lucius began to speak.

"You're rubbish. I never loved you. You're a disgrace to the Malfoy name. You're low, miserable, wretched, vile excuse for a son and I never wanted you. You disgust me." And kept screaming profanities at the poor boy.

Professor Lupin made the boggart go back in the closet as the stone-cold mask of Draco's broke, collapsing on the floor. His body shook, and he dissolved into tears. Hiccuping sobs was all that rocked the heavy silence.

Lupin walked up to Draco carefully and dried his tear-stained face. He looked at Draco with concern.

"What happened to you and your father, Draco? If you don't mind me asking."

Draco struggled out of Lupins arms, and went to walk out the door. He turned around to Lupin, letting one year slip before replacing his mask. He scowled.

"He used to beat me, you know. I'm used to it now." He walked out the door with a new stone mask, and Lupins face dropped.

As Draco walked away, he could still hear the echoes of his screams rocking the Malfoy Manor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Draco!!" Harry yelled, worried. He tried to shake him awake once again, and this time it worked.

Draco bottled upright on the bed, and looked around the room like a deer in headlights. Finally, when his eyes connected to Harry's, tears trickled down his face.

Harry's brain went into overdrive, wrapping an arm around Draco's waist and pulling him closer so the blonde could rest his head on his chest. With the other hand, he rubbed soothing circles on the back of Draco's hand. Wetness seeped through his shirt, and he slowly rocked Draco back and forth like a mother to a child.

All that Harry could hear was the hiccuping sobs of his boyfriend, and then Harry began to hum an old lullaby he vaguely remembers.

The sobs turn into sniffles, and Draco looks up at Harry with big, comforted, scared eyes and Harry pecks his forehead.

"It's alright...." He spoke soothingly, as they lay down. Draco's arms wrap around Harry's, and his head buried into the crook of Harry's neck.

They stay like that for a few minutes, happy to be safe in each other's company.

He keeps himself awake until he can hear Draco's rhythmic breathing, signifying that he was asleep. I wonder what that nightmare was He thinks, and decides to let Draco tell him tomorrow. It seemed reasonable. At least he didn't faint. He chuckled dryly.

As Harry's own eyes droop close, he feels and hears Draco mumble.

"Thank you."

And sleep drags him down once more.