Prologue

Prologue

"Dear Tsukino-san, while I support your decision, I just cannot bring myself to fully agree. If we are to just be careless, then we might as well see the incident two years ago repeated."

"I agree with Shizuno-sama. Such impudent carelessness would be most unsavory of the student council, let alone the president. Please, I hope you do not find this to any offense, Tsukino-sama."

A tight look of disgust flashed across the pale face of the shining brunette from across the expansive student council room. Fifth year Tsukino Sachiko turned sharply on her heel to face the two council members, fifth year Fukui Shizuno and third year Ueno Miki, seated with hands folded at the white six-person table, and offered a scowl that went returned with narrowed eyes.

"Carelessness is not of my direct doing. It was not I who caused that incident directly, nor was it the student council's fault. The students who even were around to witness the incident first-hand graduated just last year, and most of those directly involved transferred last spring, save for us! How are you to say this will occur again?"

From a casually tilted back chair suddenly rose a tall girl, sixth year Kuroyori Sayuri, whose presence went previously unnoticed to the other members. Her long, silken hair which hung in dark ribbons down her back flowed in a silky rippling wave, resembling water, when she moved. As she took a step forward to the guarded brunette, her honey-colored eyes took on a sort of predatory glaze.

"Please calm down, dear Sachiko-san. Lashing out like that is terribly unbefitting for such a lovely maiden as you. And that scowl ruins your beautiful image. All Fukui-san and Ueno-san are implying is that we need to consider taking precautions this year so that that incident is not repeated. It is nothing against you, really, my beloved Sachiko-san. Besides...would it not be to the best of her parting wishes?"

Another sour scowl darkened the brunette's face upon being referred to by her first name and she turned away to face the large Victorian styled window behind her as to shut herself off from the approaching black haired girl. Soft shadows danced across her features and for a moment made the fuming brown-haired angel appear as a demon.

"I do not wish for you to bring up anything of that girl nor the others involved, Sayuri-oneesama." The brunette began, brushing a stray thread of her thick bangs from her face. "I am done discussing this matter for today."

The tall girl performed a respectful bow and returned with an exemplum of grace back to her cushioned seat. Next to her, Fukui Shizuno shuffled a stack of forms nosily, pausing every once in a while to toss ribbons of her stringy dark violet hair from her face. Ueno Miki, the tomboyish brunette beside her, finally reached over and held it out of her face for her.

"If we are not to speak any further of the matter," the violet-haired girl started, flicking her golden gaze at the clearly irritated Tsukino Sachiko still fuming at the window across the room, "then we shall review the new students we are to show around next week on the first day, regardless if the other members are not present. Enrollments just closed, so these are final. We have quite an influx of transfer students this year, so the incoming first years should be equally diffused among our groups this time."

"My group was comprised mostly of first years last year, and it was quite a challenge to handle." Miki admitted rather heatedly as she was handed a thick stack of forms.

Sayuri was next to receive hers, and, with a small ounce of persuasion, Sachiko finally waltzed over to receive her own. She slowly took her seat and began to review the pale forms, sparing nothing more than a mere glance at most of the names and headshots of the unfamiliar students. One in particular soon caught her icy gaze, and she leafed back to it, a glint of amusement shimmering across her chocolate colored eyes.

Third year transfer student: Ayamine Kaname. She would remember that name.