chapter 23

***ITS ABOUT TO GET GOOD I PROMISE***

2 year later

Harmony's pov: The days have been flying and I'm a senior. College is great, but I'm glad it's almost though. I going in an educational field. Thats not what my parents want, but oh well. it's what I want. My boyfriend knocked and opened the door of my apartment. "hey loser" he said. I smiled. "you're the loser" I laughed. he laid down on the couch and put his head in my lap. "baby" I mumbled. "what, I don't feel good."

Brantley's pov: I broke it off with Jana last year and gave up. I'm not dealing with anymore relationships or love for a while. I've decided that I'm not gonna settle down. I not gonna get caught up in these emotions anymore.

I walked down the street in Athens. Headed to a huge night club bar I'm playing tonight. I got close to the corner when that stunning girl walked around the corner. "Brantley!" she called. I look at her and smiled. "hey sweet" I said and she hugged my neck. I hugged her back gently in the sense of being scared to possibly ever hurt her again. "you look good, B" she said. "me? you look amazing." "it's great seeing you" "yeah, you too" she disappeared up the street.

The image of Harmony Wesley stayed in my head. She was stuck there. I missed our old times. "B" somebody snapped in front of my face. "yo, sorry" I said finishing set up as the bar began to flood with people. The owners told us that capacity is likely to be met before we even start playing.

I saw Harmony walk in from the other
end of the the room. A man following behind her holding her hand. They broke apart and he came up to the bar where I was sitting at the end. "two beers" he said across the bar. I studied him. He was dressed a little preppy.
I don't like him. *death look* I ignored him and went to the back room. As soon as it got dark and the club filled we started playing our set.

I sang my last song and exited the stage. I took pictures and shock hands for a little while. Harmony walked up to me and hugged me around my waist. "I'm proud of you Brantley Gilbert" she said. "thanks darlin" I hugged her back. Damn, she is beautiful. I'd do anything to get her back.