Chapter 3:

"Are you not gonna shower?" Ashton asks, flopping down on the couch beside Luke. He grabs the remote and flips through the channels.

Luke looks up from his book. "Probably later, why?" He closes the book, placing on the armrest and looking at the TV. The channels fly by quickly and Luke has to wonder if Ashton is mindlessly flipping through or knows what he's looking for.

"Well we're going to a party in a bit." Ashton glances over at Luke, eyes carefully taking in the blondes expression. "You might want to freshen up."

And oh, Luke kicks his heels back, knocking into the base of the couch. He hadn't planned on partying much less leaving the house albeit to go to the beach.

"Do I have to go?" Luke asks.

Ashton shrugs. "It's up to you."

Luke bites his lower lip, eyebrows furrowing.

"You have to go." Calum says, coming from the kitchen. He has a red solo cup in hand that Ashton narrows his eyes at. Calum tips it over, showing the contents to Ashton. "It's just lemonade."

"I don't know." Luke sits up. He scratches the back of his neck. "I've never been to a party before."

Calum beams. "Don't worry, it's not a big deal. Go get a shower and tell Mike to hurry up."

Luke holds in a groan. He'd rather not talk to Michael right now; the older boy had been shooting nasty glares all day. He stands up, stretching his sleepy limbs and moves towards the stairs, taking them two at a time. He pauses outside of Michael's door, giving the white wood a tentative knock.

"Yeah?" Comes Michael's voice, soft and calm. He opens the door, eyes narrowing when he see's Luke. "What?"

"Calum says to hurry up." Luke states turning to leave.

Michael's hand lands on his shoulder, pulling him back. "What's up with your face?" He brushes his knuckles across Luke's cheek, eyebrows knitted. "Did someone hit you?"

Luke pulls away, pushing the older boys hands away. "I was leaning on my hand."

Michael cocks his head, face relaxing. It makes Luke's stomach queasy, seeing Michael act all caring. Doesn't really feel right, makes his palms sweaty and he feels a little anxious. He can't get away from the older boy fast enough, ignoring Michael's final words and only catching the snarky end.

~~~

He hadn't drank that much, mainly watered down his drinks with ice cubes and soda's, but somehow had found his way in the middle of the living room in a house a few blocks from his own with a fresh drink in his hand and a boy holding his hips tightly.

"How's your drink?" The guy, James, asked. He breathed on Luke's neck softly creating goosebumps and leaving Luke tipping his head to the side

"Kinda strong." Luke replied peering into the red cup. He'd taken a few sips and cringed at the bitter taste.

James laughed. "You want a soda or something instead?"

"Yeah." Luke nodded. He felt James push him forward slightly, angling them towards the kitchen. The other boy's hands were ever still tight on Luke's hips, soft but noticeable. He led them to the kitchen and over to the table.

Calum and Michael were standing by the backdoor talking. Luke smiled at them, noting Calum's returning smile and Michael's scowl.

"Coke good?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah, thanks." He placed his drink on the table, grabbing at the soda James had pulled from the fridge and cracked it open. He can't help but glance up at his roommates; Calum was rubbing his neck almost thoughtfully and Michael looked like someone took a shit in his cereal.