Chapter 10:

The fact of the matter is, Luke's filter has gone and fucked off, and at the worst possible time too. He didn't have to go and offer up a blow job when Michael seemed perfectly content holding him down and pretending Luke's subtle movements weren't affecting him. But the words spewed from his mouth effortlessly and Michael's eyes grew wide.

"Kiss you?" He sounds offended which is impossible - they've made out at least twice in the past two day and Michael seemed very content popping up for another round. That being said, the shock on his face left Luke feeling light headed and anxious.

Luke doesn't know what to say, his words have failed and Michael looks absolutely uncomfortable. "Well, I thought..." He doesn't know what he was thinking, that's the problem. Michael stares down at him, lips parted like he wants to speak. He stays quiet. "I just thought -"

"Go brush your teeth."

And if Luke hadn't already been rolling in pools of embarrassment, he is now. They are close, close enough that Luke could easily catch Michael off guard and kiss him, which means morning breath is a very noticeable thing, at least in Michael's case. His cheeks, already flooded with red, fill more and he prays the mattress will swallow him whole.

Michael rolls off of him slowly, touching his arm as he lays down on the pillow beside Luke. He smiles and it's soft. "Come back though." He's not teasing and Luke is grateful. There are boxers on the floor, and while Luke has absolutely no idea whether they're clean or not, he's not planning on keeping them on for long, and tugs them up his legs quickly.

It smells like Ashton's shampoo in the hall and the bathroom mirror is foggy from steam. Luke scrubs the mirror with a hand towel and hangs it back on the hook he'd picked it from. There are a set of mismatched socks near the trashcan and the bath mat is soaked - Luke will be sure to pester Ashton for that later.

He can hear them puttering around downstairs, Calum at least. He's noisy in the morning, especially after he's come back from a run and is banging cabinet doors shut in his haste to make one of those disgusting vomit-pink health smoothies he and Ashton found a recipe for on We Heart It. Ashton's just as bad - usually - but the bathroom mirror is steamy enough that Luke's sure Ashton hadn't made his way downstairs just yet.

His toothbrush lays against a half used tube of toothpaste, right beside Ashton's. It's green and stripped and has smears of blue paste on the back - Luke isn't too good at washing it off after using it.

Ashton hums, towel in hand as he scrubs at his hair. It's all wet, curling and a mix of dark blonde and brown streaks. He grins at Luke, eyeing the younger boy up. Luke busies himself wetting the toothbrush and squeezing out a bit of paste onto the bristles.

"Have fun last night?"

Luke's face fills with heat as he brushes his teeth, eyes locked on his chin. He's already started drooling the foamy paste and sort of looks like a rabid dog. Ashton throws his towel over the door. He looks all too pleased with himself, like he knows something that he shouldn't. All in all, Luke wouldn't be too surprised.

"Yeah." Luke spits, licking at his lips. His heart is racing, thoughts traveling back to the half-naked boy in his bed. That's where he wants to be, not stuck in the bathroom with remnants of a shitty brush job on his lips and Ashton's teasing. He rinses his brush off, teeth as clean as they'll get and the dirty taste of night covered with a fresh mint.

"Back to lover boy?" Ashton laughs, rocking back on his heels when Luke attempts to rush by him. The blonde nods, cheeks flaming even hotter as Ashton lets him barrel by.

Luke slams the door shut behind him, not bothering to give Ashton the satisfaction of his beet-red face. He breaths slowly and looks to Michael. The older boy looks surprised at his hasty entrance, lips curling slowly into a smirk. He's spread out on the bed, left foot tucked under the blankets and the other half off the bed.