Chapter 16

* Niall's pov*
Minutes earlier

I felt bad that I was walking ahead of piper but I was terrified, terrified of hurting her, of being caught, of breaking her heart the most.

I quickly turned the corner and bumped into someone.

"Exactly who I'm looking for" a familiar, kind voice says. I look up seeing Liam smiling.

"What's up?" I smile. He was one of the guards but he was the kindest guy I've ever met. He's one of my best friends seriously. I knew if I wanted to escape this place he'd be the one to help me.

"Well I need some advice" Liam kindly says as I feel piper's appearance come around the corner behind me.

She watches me as she quickly walked back. I give her a small smile which she doesn't return as she rushes down the hallway. I frown as I watch her rush away from me.

"You know I'm not good at advice but go ahead" I shrug focusing back to Liam.

"You love her don't you" Liam's lips curl into a small smile.

"What no. I don't love, I can't." I shrug. I've never loved and that terrifies me that maybe piper will love me and I can't return it.

"Yes you can, it comes naturally" Liam says as I watch piper stopped at the end of the hallway talking to sister Jen.

"So what is this advice shit you want?" I snap at him. I know I shouldn't but I don't want to talk about love and piper right now.

"Ah this" he says pulling a small box out of his pocket. I watch the small box as he puts it in one hand and opens it with the other hand. The bright shine coming from the diamond ring hurts my eyes.

"Who's that for?" I say staring at the massive ass ring.

"Sophia, my girlfriend. I'm taking her out for dinner tonight. What do you think? Should I bend down on one knee or just sit at the table. Or maybe do it outside by the waterfall or in the restaurant or-" he starts panicking and I chuckle.

"You are so wiped" I laugh.

"Shut up, I need advice" he frowns.

"I think one knee next to the table in the restaurant will be great" I give him the thumbs up.

"Thanks, well I better get to work. Thanks again" he smiles putting the ring back in his pocket and rushing off down the hallway.

I walk down the hallway opposite from Liam and open the door to the group room. I spot Harry sitting with Ella at our table and walk over to them.

"Hey Niall" Harry smiles and I nod in response taking a seat opposite the way to clingy couple.

I chat to Harry for a while but I get interrupted when someone comes over to me blocking my light with there dark shadow.

"Excuse me" a dark voice says through a whisper. When I look up at him he looks pained. From talking?

It was that kid with the black or dark brown hair and the Brown eyes. Zayn I think his name is. He never talks, this is the first time I've heard him talk really. I thought he couldn't talk.

"Yes?" I ask him politely.

"Um your friend with the long blonde hair." He says and I nod.

"Yeah what's up?" I ask him.

"She ran past me just before, she was crying." He said as I stand up and start to panic.

"Do you know where she went?" I ask him.

"The bathrooms I'm pretty sure" he says and i gasp.

She's not going to? Is she? No no no!

I bolt out of the room and ran down the hallway when I turn the corner I almost slip over as the ground was wet. I kept running until I got to the bathroom. I breath in and out heavily as I open the door. I scan the room and see her clothes all over the floor. I rush over to the bath with the cloth over it. I see bubbles rise onto the surface of the water where the cloth had been taken off.

I quickly rip the cloth off the bath and reach my hands into the bath and wrap my arms around her thin body bringing her out of the water and onto the cold tiled floor.

"Piper!" I scream as I shake her body, non welcoming tears ran down my cheeks as I put my hand on her chest.

Her lifeless, cold body lay there.

I start to give her CPR.

"Don't die on me!" I scream/ cry. My mouth connects to hers as I pump her chest. I keep repeating this until I hear her cough. A massive blow of relief smashed me in the face.

I quickly turned her to her side and put two fingers in her mouth making her vomit the water that was caught in her lungs. She coughed again and a lot of water came out of her mouth and onto the tiled floor.

"Piper" I cry as I bring her top half into my chest, my arms wrapped around her chest.

I felt her start to shake in my arms, soon she is crying loudly as I rub her back.

"You're okay, you're okay" I cry as I kiss her forehead as she cried more.

We stayed in that position for what felt like an hour. She had relaxed now and was close to falling asleep. I stand up and pull her undies up her legs and I pull my shirt over my head putting it on her long thin body. I put her body in my arms and pulled her to my chest, walking out the bathroom door and down the hallway.

I really hope no one goes past us.

When I reach piper's room I place her carefully onto her bed and closed her door. I sit down on the edge of the bed and wrap my arm around her waist.

"Why?" I say watching her carefully.

She looks up at me with pain in her eyes, in a spilt second she's crying again. Her eyes closed as her body shakes on the bed.

"Stop" I gentle say as I grab her and pull her in my arms again, kissing her beautiful blonde hair.