Part 8

Hermione's P.O.V

It has been a week since the minotaur has attacked. Nico was still in the hospital wing, not willingly. Will wouldn't let him go. After Nico was done laughing Will and madame Pomfrey kicked us out of the hospital wing after Harry had said his thanks to Nico for saving him, I had seen that Harry wanted to ask some questions but didn't get the chance to.

Leo was hanging around Jenna and I in the beginning but he soon met the Weasley twins. I shuddered at the memory of how they met. Fred an George tried to pull a prank on Leo who much to almost everyone's surprise, except for Jenna, hacked their prank so they became the victim. Since that day you would see the twins, Lee Jordan and Leo everywhere together. They were almost inseparable.

I was just sitting in the library making my potions homework. Jenna was at the hospital wing with some kid who got the flue. When suddenly two boys sat in front of me. I looked up to see Harry and Ron. I got ready to see an hostile expression on heir faces, the same expression they have been giving me since I started hanging out with my cousin. But they only looked at me with a sad and guilty expressions.

"Hermione, we- we just wanted to say we're sorry." Harry said so fast I almost didn't hear him. I opened my mouth to say something but Harry put his hand up, making me go silent. "Just listen to us. When we're done you can yell, scream and scowl us all you want just hear us out." Ron said with a pleading expression. I sighed and leaned back in my chair, putting my quill down.

"We're sorry for turning against you when you started hanging out with your cousin and those others, and for calling them death eaters. We were just jealous and didn't think." Harry said.

"What made you change your mind about them?" I asked, I believed that they were sorry, I just wanted to know if they knew that Nico, Neville, Will and Jenna are demigods.

"When that thing attacked me. Nico could just have let me die, but instead of doing nothing he jumped in front of me getting hurt pretty badly. If he were a death eater he would just let the monster kill me." Harry explained. "I'm still very curious about them. But I'll stop snooping around or anything like that. But we want to ask one thing. How did Nico do that with those skeletons?"

"Remember when I got that message of my cousin and I said that he was specialized in water magic?" A voice behind us said, we all jumped and looked up to see Nico. Nico said down casually next to me before continuing. "Well that is kind of a family thing. We are born with a special kind of power, some more common then others. So I was born with the ability to do necromancy without darkening my soul. I only use it for emergencies."

"And how about the shadows, and ghost?" Ron asked.

Nico raised an eyebrow. "Shadows? Ghost?" He repeated confused with what Ron meant. Ron nodded in response. "Yes, it looks like the shadows get thicker around you and the ghost always act nervous or scared when you are near." He explained when he noticed Nico still didn't understand.

"Oh, that. Well I am kind of... special. Next to Necromancy I was born with Umbrakinesis(spelling?). The ability to control the shadows, I can use them to move stuff and travel. The ghost that is also kind of an extra. They are scared of me because I can kill them. Like no kind of form of them with the living anymore." Nico explained, Harry's expression became one that said he finally understood a few things. But before he could open his mouth Nico was talking.

"I would really appreciate it if you wouldn't tell anyone what I've just told you. I don't want to deal with judgmental idiots again." Nico said with an serious tone. Harry and Ron nodded.

"Wait, what did you mean again?" Ron asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

Nico sighed, as if he didn't want to talk about it. "Back in America... I got judged a lot. Everybody thought that because of my powers I would be evil. They weren't really nice or trusting towards me. Everybody is always walking on eggshells as soon as I am near." He said with a sneer. Jenna told me about this, he only left out the fact that he was getting judged by his parentage.