Part 28

I had the feeling that the Weasley twins had too much fun with setting up their traps and seeing death eater walk right into them. There were currently hanging about sixteen death eaters from their feet from the ceiling. Fred and George were snickering as they cast an expelliarmus at every single one of them, letting their wands fall to the ground where the house elves collected them and hiding them somewhere where only the house elves could go.

It was still calm for the demigods, Voldemort hadn't put his dark creatures to use so they all stayed out of view since they couldn't really defend themselves against the magic as good as the wizards. But that didn't mean that they were sitting around and doing nothing. Jason, Percy and Leo were helping the students with slowing down the death eaters by flooding their path or setting it on fire or almost blowing them away. Annabeth was using her invisibility cap to sneak up behind a death eater and tackling them to the ground. Frank was providing air support by changing into an eagle and swooping down time to time to grab a wand from an unsuspecting death eater.

Neville was battling one of the Carrow siblings. He was jumping around to avoid curses and sending jinxes with an almost deadly accuracy at them. Carrow had a hard time with keeping up with Neville and they looked like they could drop from exhaustion any moment. Neville used a pretificus totallus, Carrow was to slow to cast a protego and fell down to the ground completely frozen. Neville took a moment to catch his breath before looking around and running off to another corridor.

I heard a few screams coming from down the hall and decided to check it out. I followed the sound and came to a stop at the top of the stairs leading to the entrance. In the door opening and around it were at least a dozen of giant spiders. "Percy! The giant spiders have arrived!" I shouted over my shoulder before jumping down cutting off one of the spiders' legs when I landed. I stabbed another one through the head and ducked just in time to avoid the jaws of another biting of my head. There was a strong gush of wind that pushed the spider down to the ground as Jason landed on his back and stabbed right through it, making it turn into golden dust.

"It's been a while since I had to face these guys." Jason panted as he blew two spiders out of the door. "Can't say I missed them." He finished, pulling a face at a giant spider leg that landed right next to him.

A few spiders screeched as they were washed out of the castle by Percy. We immediately ran out the door to keep them out of the castle. It wasn't much later that the ground started shaking. Three giants made their way out of the forbidden forest, destroying the trees in their wake.

"Jason," I said looking up, "You're going to have to fly." Jason nodded and took off. Charging his sword with lightning the higher he got. As he arrived at eye height of the giants he lashed out he lashed out and let the lightning hit the giant closest to him. The giant screamed in shock as the lightning hit his head and chest before falling backwards into the forbidden forest. The other two giants let u outraged shoutes before they started swatting at Jason who was circling around their heads where he was joined by Frank in his eagle form.

I looked down to and saw Ron, Hermione and Harry running through the school grounds towards the whomping willow. I sprinted after them and catched up as they arrived at the base of the whomping willow and slid into a hole at the bottom of the tree and disappeared. I dodged a few of the branches of the tree before jumping down the same hole. I landed in a crouch, making sure to make a bit of noise so they would be alerted. It worked because I had to dodge an expelliarmus and got a face full of lumos as soon as I straightend up.

"Nico! Don't sneak up to us like that!" Hermione scolded. "What are you doing here?" Ron asked, "Aren't you supposed to fight those giants?"

"The others have that covered, they've taken down more with less." I shrugged, "I'm here to help you guys. Now let's go!" I said as I started ushering them through the tunnel.