Breathless-Kellic (BoyxBoy)

Chapter One

Vic POV
“Vic! Are you ready yet? You can’t be late for your first day of school!” my mom called up the stairs. I sighed, grabbing my backpack and hurrying down the stairs after Mike.

It’s not actually the first day of the school year; it just is for Mike and I.

At our old school, I was bullied..a lot. Mike had seen how the kids in my class-hell, the kids in the school-would treat me, and demanded I tell our parents so I could transfer. On the other hand, I saw how they would treat him, just for being related to me.

Needless to say, I wasn’t leaving without him.

But I felt really bad; he had friends he was leaving behind. I had no one.

But on the bright side (for him), we weren’t moving. We couldn’t afford to move from our comfortable little home in sunny San Diego. So, we just transferred to a school across town.

On the other hand for me, this was terrible.

Sure, Mike could see his friends from our old school and hang out with them-that was great. But that also meant the kids who bullied me could continue tormenting me.

Oh God.

I don’t know if I can keep living this way.

I glanced down, making sure my sweatshirt covered my arms. The last thing I needed was someone finding out about my nasty habit. Not even Mike knew-and I tell him everything.

“Bye, Mom!” Mike called as we headed out the door. I would have said goodbye, but I wasn’t in the mood for talking.

“Bye, boys! Have a good day!” she called back. A good day? I haven’t had one of those for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Here we go,” I said, trying to sound cheerful. “Westview High.”

“Are you nervous? Please tell me I’m not the only nervous one,” Mike muttered.

“Trust me, you’re not,” I mumbled back. He nodded, staying close to me as we walked into the building. I had hoped that we would end up straight in the office, but we ended up right smack in the middle of the hallway.

Shit.

“Where do we go?” Mike asked me, looking around. I shrugged, also looking around for some kind of sign.

“Need help getting somewhere? You guys look lost.”

We jumped, turning towards the voice. We located it to a very tall guy, with brown hair and eyes. He was probably a senior-like me-and already had tattoos. Despite his intimidating appearance, his eyes were friendly.

“Uh, yeah. We’re new here, and we need to get to the office for our schedules,” Mike answered, braver than I was. The guy smiled, and I felt a little more comfortable; even though he towered over Mike, who towered over me.

“Yeah, I’ll show you where it is. My name is Austin,” he replied, starting to lead us. “What are your names?”

When it became apparent that I wasn’t going to respond, Mike did.

“I’m Mike, and this is my older brother Vic.”

Austin looked at me incredulously. “You’re older than him? ” he asked in disbelief. I blushed in embarrassment. Was I really that short?

“Um y-yeah,” I stammered. “I’m a senior.”

“And I’m a junior,” Mike added. “I’m going to guess that you’re a senior, too?”

Austin nodded. “Yeah. So glad to be done this year. Finally be out of this hellhole-oops! I mean this horrible place,” he corrected himself sheepishly. “Here’s the office!”

“Thanks, man,” I answered quietly. He smiled.

“Hey, it’s no problem. Since you’re new and you don’t know anyone here, you can sit with me and my friends at lunch.”

“Okay,” I whispered, then looked over at Mike. “What are you going to do?”

“Juniors and seniors have the same lunch period,” Austin interrupted. “He can hang with us, too.”

Mike and I looked at each other, then Austin, then back again.

Maybe this school wouldn’t be so bad after all.

Kellin POV

I walked into my third hour class and sat down in my usual seat, in the middle of the classroom.

There had been talk of a new student in our class; they said his name was Mike, and that he had a brother who was a senior. I didn’t know his name yet.

I was excited. Juniors hardly ever got new students; same with seniors. Especially in the middle of December, three weeks before winter break.

I wondered why they transferred, but it was none of my business. But I already knew that I wanted to be friends with them.

A few moments before the bell rand,  a tall, thin guy with piercings and a few tattoos stepped in. “Ah, you must be Mike,” the teacher said.

“That’s me,” the boy, Mike, responded. “Where can I sit?”

“Over by Kellin,” she answered. “Dear, please raise your hand.”

I did as told and Mike smiled at me as he made his way over and plopped down. I could hear the girls in the class murmuring about how attractive he was. Me being gay, I could understand. But I wouldn’t date him; plus he was definitely as straight as could be.

Although being gay made me lose some friends, it’s not horrible. I wasn’t popular, but I wasn’t an outcast, either. I had friends, and a band.

During the period, Mike and I talked. I told him that I was gay and he said that he didn’t care; his brother was bi. I could tell we would be great friends.

“Hey, Kellin,” he said as we headed to lunch. “Wanna sit with my brother and I at Austin’s table?”

“Sure!” I responded happily, deciding my friends could survive without me for a day.

But as we approached the table, I could already tell I wanted to sit there for the rest of my life.