*Seven*

After a long photo session with the relatives it was mahurat for phere. They both were sitting in front of hawan kund from which firelight was spreading around, pandit was sitting in front of them. He started offering mantra to god on behalf of them after the lord ganesh and laxmi puja he called father of bride for kanyadaan, a tradition were a father gives his soul, his daughter to the another person with so many hopes. He came and got settled beside her beloved daughter. Pandit told him to hand over her daughters hand into the groom's, keeping a stone on his heart he handed over part of his soul to a Stranger with a hope that he will also take care her precious daughter as he did from last 23 years. 

*Memories of day she was born flash backed in his brain*.

He realized that now he had no right to say he is the 'only' man in her life. Now he won't be able to see her face every night before sleeping and every morning after waking up, no more the sound of her giggles will echo in their house, yes now she belongs to someone else,  his mind said as kanyadan got over. Pandit was still uttering mantra...in middle he looked toward the Nihal and told him to place mangalsutra in Kirti's neck..he did..then sinduur...and now she officially belongs to him.

.