4.It's time

It's been a boring life living in the ancient time,no message or WhatsApp were replace by letters, cars were replace by horse carriages and pens were replaced by writing brush.Soon,two years have passed,the country have the new emperor to Jannete spend the two years learning embroidery , playing of the lute and chinese harp , learning some palace etiquettes and having good posture.

A notice have been put up by the emperor across the country that all governments and general daughter aged 15 and above were to attend the elections for the emperor concubines.

A week later,it's the day for the election Jannete were sitting infront of her dressing table with her servants combing her.In moment her hair were all tied up on her head just like the shape of a hammer head shark.One by one different hair jewelery made of gold and sliver with shimmering stones and diamonds were put up on her hair.Not wanting to be selected into the royal harem she chose the hair jewelery with dim colours and made of sliver so not to attract the emperor's attention . Next, she chose her clothes a pale blue coloured silk dress with flowers pattern on it,sew with golden thread.

After eating her breakfast,a horse carriage arrived outside the yuhan mansion,an eunuch came down from the carriage with the emperor's imperial edict written on it "奉天承运,皇帝诏曰, 玉唅德儿,玉唅将军的女儿,今日进宫殿选。(In the name of the Emperor,YuHan DeEr,daughter of YuHan General, is to attend the concubine election. )"
Jannete went onto the carriage with heavy footstep and sat down quietly.After hours of travelling, she reached the palace,the magnificent views were more than what she expected.she saw many other noble families ladies same age as her.The doors of the imperial palace opened,all ladies were to lined up in one row with all an imperial maid guided infront.From here Jannete starts her life journey and unpredictable future.

Jannete and all the ladies were taken to the holding area decorated with pots of flowers.One by one the ladies went into the the grand hall for the emperor to chose his concubine.After 30 minutes of waiting it was Jannete turn,the eunuch brought Jannete to a out door hall where the emperor and the empress dowager were sitted inside the hall.when The empress dowager asked Jannete some questions,the emperor seems not interested in listening to her answers ,this made Jannete relieve as she thinks the emperor might not want to take her as his concubine,but at the last question of which flower does she like,the answer seems to attract the emperor's attention,the emperor requested Jannete to walk forward where he step down from his throne and walk forward the two eyes met, and 5 inches away each other.(Picture below shows the emperor)

(Picture below shows the emperor)