17. "Tyrannosaurus Rex"

Claire ran as fast as she could, dodging the bullets from Owen's gun and the velociraptors.

She ran through puddles and mud, almost slipping twice. Her heels clicked against the pavement as she ran to the attraction.

She ran her hand against one of the buildings as she gazed at all the rubble and trash in the street.

She gasped as she saw the dead pterodactyls lying under tables, on top of roofs, and on other pterodactyls.

She bit her lip and continued to run, sweat dripping down her forehead.

Claire didn't exactly know what she was doing, but she had an idea.

There she stood, in front of the T-Rex cage. She took a deep breath and reached into her pocket. The red-head grabbed out her walkie-talkie and hoped that someone was still in the control room.

"Please please Lowery. Still be here." She spoke to herself. She pressed the talk button and began to speak.

"Lowery? Are you still there." She waited about 10 seconds for a reply. This needed to be done quick, they were running out of time.

"Yeah, everyone else left." He said slowly, hoping that his boss wasn't in trouble. Honestly, he was too of a coward to go out and help her if she was in any danger.

"I need you to open paddock 9." She took a deep breath, readying herself.

"Paddock 9? Are you crazy?" He shouted, fingers trembling as he typed in the password, about to open it on her say.

"Dammit Lowry be a man and do something for once!" She yelled, grabbing a flare she found on the street.

She hurriedly lit it and put it by her side.

"You didn't have to make it personal," Lowery consciously said, opening the gate.

The doors began to rise up and Claire's heart beat quickened as she saw its eyes.

She saw it begin to run at full speed, eyes on the flare. That made Claire's breath hitch.

She turned and started to run with all her might, as a 40 foot long and 20 feet tall Tyrannosaurus Rex was chasing her.

Her legs began to burn with adrenaline as she neared the Indominus Rex.

She flung the flare at it, and ducked behind a dinosaur skeleton. The t-Rex ran straight through it, almost stepping on her.

The Indominus turned its attention away from Owen and the kids to its cousin, the T-Rex.

They began to knock into each other and all the buildings around them. The T-Rex had a grip on the Indominus's neck, but got knocked over.

"Run!" Claire yelled, looking straight into Owen's eyes with fear.

And they did.

-

Watching the movie as I'm writing this. (Watched it five times XD)