Chapter 5: Principal's Office

The principal's office was lightly decorated with a big solid wood desk in the center of the room. I sat at one end of the desk and watched him going over paperwork.

"So what happened today, miss...." He started without looking up waiting for me to finish his sentence.

"Yuki Mai." I answered. "I just didn't trust Coach Haruna with all her peppiness, and she made me suspicious of her." Suddenly doubting my accusation.

"That is no good reason to speak to her like that!" He yelled slamming his papers on the desk.

He was suddenly filled with rage at what I had done. I was so startled I couldn't speak. It took all I could not to burst into tears.

"There is nothing wrong with that lady. She is well respected and spends her time teaching you kids. Whatever your suspicions are, you need to let them go. She hasn't done a thing wrong and you will follow her orders or leave the team. Those are your options." He said pulling his papers off the desk, regaining his composure. "You may show yourself out and go straight home."

I left the office and went to collect my bike with my mind racing. If it wasn't her then who could it have been? Who else could have the keys to her office? Wait a minute wasn't Principal Takeshi a little too defensive of Coach Haruna. I wonder could he be in on it? He would have access to the keys. Maybe he was the one who had been drugging their water to win competitions for the school. I walked my bike home with nothing better to do but think of the situation I was in.