Chapter 22 - A slow Melody

Sorry for the hold up, I've been pretty busy. The death of my dog... and Writers block have both been practically keeping from writing. *Sigh* Anyway, At least it's up? :D Enjoy! COMMENTS & VOTES ARE APPRECIATED...  

Denton got on the phone with our lawyer from the previous case, Mrs.Travis, to see if there was anything we could do - maybe get a restraining order - not that Zach would listen to that. It's a start. She isn't very happy that we left that out of the previous trial, it was something she should have been notified about during the time we spent together going over David's case, only I never truly tried to think about it - actually, I completely forgot about him, thinking that once David was gone that it would all end. Boy, was I wrong. 

I pace back and forth, contimplating if I should call Roxas - this is something he would want to know about. He is over-protective, and now that we are in a relationship I'm sure that he would take this even more seriously than even my brother. I'm just scared that now he would look at me in a different way. Now he will know that David wasn't the only one who laid his dirty hands on me and I'm scared he would think I'm too dirty. 

I finally suck it up and pick up my cell phone, he needs to know. 

~.~.~ 

Roxas sits on our old leather couch, his fingers threaded together and his head hanging. The room is silent except for our unsteady breaths. Denton is in the back yard with Lexi and Martin, giving Roxas and I some time alone for this. 

Finally, Roxas lifts his head up to look me in the eye, his blue eyes swirling with all different types of emotion. Anger, regret, pity, love. He stands up and walks over to the recliner I am sitting on, he takes me cold hands into his warm ones and pulls me up so I'm standing. His hands release mine and they travel up my arms, until they reach my shoulders. He then pulls me into the tightest hugs I have ever been in. 

"I have never in my life ever wanted to kill someone as much as now, both this man and David! The thought of someone touching you, that alone makes me want to rip someones head off. Knowing that it was forced, that they did it all against your will....I will kill him!" Roxas growls, his possesiveness and that over-protective personality shining through, a little shiver runs up my spine and I can't help but think of it as sexy. Woah, Veronica, not the time to be thinking like that. 

I nuzzle my head into the his shoulder, his arms are wrapped tightly - it's as if we are both trying to calm each other down just with our close proximity. He kisses the top of my head and there is a fluttering feeling in the pit of my stomach, it's not uncomfortable. I feel my eyes drooping slightly as sleep calls out to me, being with Roxas calms me down alot. 

"Sleep, love." He whispers into my hair. "I'll be here when you wake up." 

So that's exactly what I do, I fall asleep right in his arms - into one of the most peaceful sleeps I have ever had. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Roni, Your early!" Diana smiles, wiping her small hands on her apron. "I wasn't expecting you for another hour at least." 

"We had a half a day at school today," I shrug. "I was bored at home, you don't mind right?" 

"Of course not, this place seems to much more alive with you here!" She notices a customer and walks over, still talking to me over her shoulder. "Where is Roxas today?" 

"No Idea." I shrug. "He will come around, I'm sure." 

It's been two weeks since I got that letter in the mail, and since then I have been working with Diana almost every day - playing my Violin for guests and occasionally the piano when it's in the mood. Roxas has been busy, with God knows what, he is being secretive. I don't mind though, he always stops by my house at night. Zach hasn't made a move yet, which is making everyone a little crazy. We never know what to expect or when to expect it. 

I lean against the counter, It's friday - payday. I work whenever I can, with Christmas coming up. I would like to have enough money to buy presents. Something I haven't been able to do before. 

As the Cafe fills up, I grab my Violin and start tuning. I hop on stage with my Violin, looking out to the small crowd. The regulars all smile when they see me take out my violin, they always bring me requests and some even tip. Today, I feel like doing one of my most recent original works. It starts off with a slow melody, sort of like a lullaby - and then progresses and turns loud and sharp. I loose myself in the music as I sway to the beat, my legs bouncing, but my mind focused. 

When I'm finished, people clap and I look up to thank everyone - but the smile falls from my face as I see a familiar figure by the entrance. My body freezes and the bow slips through my fingers as I stare into those deep brown eyes. He leans against the wall with that sly smile on his face as he looks be up and down and licks his lips. I feel someone tugging on my arm and talk to me, but nothing registers. 

The man at the door gives me a single wink, before turning and walking back out the door. 

Once he is gone, I feel drained and slide down to the floor. I look up and see Roxas come into view, looking worried.

"Roni, what's wrong?" He asks me, his voice a little panicky. 

"....Zach." I whisper, before everything goes black.