2: Meeting Elizabeth

Chapter 2

Jeffery Darwin's Point Of View~

This is not happening I mean come would you believe someone when they come up to you and say " You're getting married. I had planned about your wedding before you were born".

I mean come on no one would. And I ,Jeffery Darwin , the son and the heir of Charles Darwin , the multimillionaire for pete's sake ,Have to marry a girl that I know nothing about . I have the world falling at my feet and women cannot resist my charm , my title and my money .

And I know this girl that I would be marrying wouldn't be any different from other women.

And I have a girlfriend and I love her. Ok , maybe I don't love her but I am not planning to break up any time soon.

And today, that's exactly what my dad did .

Today , after I had my breakfast my dad called me to his study and that was surprising as he rarely calls anyone to his study and the first thing that came to my mind was "Oh Boy ! What did I do now?"

I asked the butler why he had called me but he said "I don't know , sir".  

And led me towards the study. I was so nervous and didn't notice that we had arrived until the butler said ," You may enter , sir".

I walked into the study to be greeted by my grinning father. By seeing my father like this , I felt as if I was hit by a thunderbolt . I was so surprised that I felt really dizzy and thought " Who is this man and what has he done to my father?" ,as my father has never been seen smiling or calling me to his office or both. So you can guess why it surprised me.

" Sit down , son " , He said.

I hurriedly sat down not to offend him. It has been so long since I saw him that happy. Ever since my mom died he has buried himself in his work and has pressured me to be ready to take over our industry which specializes in almost everything from car to bedsheets and utensils.

" Dad , Is there any reason for you to wish for my presence " I said formally.

" Don't be so formal , son . Take a chill pill", said dad.

Now I was speechless , "Take a chill pill", who said that . My father has either been replaced by an alien or I have finally gone mad.

" Be happy , you are getting married "said my dad.

Yep , my father was replaced by an Alien . Then the words finally registered in my brain.

" WHAT!" I shouted.

" But I have a girlfriend ," I protested.

" Oh ! Just break up with her , she is a bitch and I know son you are not the one to have long term relationship. You were a born playboy just like your old man. That is why I had arranged your marriage before you were born." , my dad replied.

Correction: My dad has been replaced by a completely mad alien.

All I could say then was " O...k. D....ad "

And I thought for a minute and asked "When is my fianceé coming ".

Ug! Disgusting I have a fianceé ,can you believe that me , Jeffery Darwin has a fiancé .

Well , the world is coming to an end.

" In about 2 hours. Go get ready to greet your wife-to-be" , My father beamed.

" OK , Dad." I said.

I quickly walked to the door , when suddenly my dad said " Son, finally after your mother's death their is going to be a women in this house, your woman. Treat her well ,Jeff".

I turned around to look at my father and saw the pained expression in his face and said " I will dad , I will." And I walked to the living room.

TWO HOURS LATER...

I have spent my two hours , moping in the living room , replaying the drama that took place this morning.

So you can say , I had an eventful morning ( note the sarcasm).

Then a maid entered the room and said " Your fianceé has arrived ."

Just then my father got out of his study and stood in front of me , ready to greet his new daughter.

The door opened and the most gorgeous girl I have ever seen entered the room. 

She had gray eyes and dirty blond hair. Her eyes had turned stormy gray which made me fell scared for some reason.

My father walked up to her and gave her a bear hug. 

I didn't know who was more surprised me or that girl.

My father said " Welcome . Elizabeth , we have been waiting for you".

The girl pulled herself out of the hug and smiled.( Oh ! That heavenly smile) And said "I have been waiting to meet you too, Mr Darwin , you can call me Liz or Lisa. But I have one question , aren't you supposed to be dead?"

This girl has nerve, telling the most strictest man in the universe that he is supposed to be dead is digging your own grave. 

But my dad did the most surprising thing . He laughed, he freaking laughed.

"You are referring to my great great great grandpa , Lisa . He is the one who wrote "Origin of Species" . I was named after him." He said and chuckled.

"Oh! Can you please tell me who is the jerk I am supposed to marry" 

She said.

"That would be me" , I said.

My dad laughed again and I didn't know the reason for his auspicious laughter.

Wait a minute! She called me a jerk. Oh well , I waltzed into that one.

" Meet my son , Jeffery Darwin". Said my dad.

I waited for the girl to throw herself at me but I got the opposite response .

She asked, "Who now?"

This girl didn't know me, ME.

Right then my dad said to the maid " Let's leave these two love birds alone. You both had better get aquaintainced ". 

And left me to face my death.

After they left the room Lisa walked in front of me with the most fiercest expression and said " Look I don't know who you are but Let me get this straight , I don't want to marry you and we will get divorce after 3 months of our marriage and never bother ourselves with this stupid problem. Got it?".

I thought for a moment and said ," You stole the words right out of my mouth".

Just then the maid entered the room and said to Lisa " Ma'am, your room is ready ".

"Ok , Anna, I will be right there" she said.

And she looked at me and said " We got ourselves a deal".

And walked out of the room.

These next few months were looking to be a hell of an entertainment.

____________________________________________ 

Authors note: 

Like it ? Please tell us.

Comment , vote and fan