Chapter One; BeTheChange

"It's not the eighteen hundreds any more, mother! It's nineteen fourteen, a keen year, a year of new beginnings!" Louis Tomlinson spreads his arms, throws back his head and does a small twirl in their emptied living room, bare of all furniture and knicknacks.

"I don't know Lou, i'm starting to question this," She breathes deeply, "Unsinkable ship. The thohght of being over nothing but water for weeks on end frightens me." Johannah's voice cracks a little with the uncertainty of things. Louis runs forward and takes her small, pale hands in his own tanned ones.

"But mother we have to go! It's the ship of dreams, we musn't dare miss out on such good fortune!" He giggles and twirls his frightful mother about, who chuckles under her breath a bit, "We're lucky to have gotten such remarkable tickets. I hate to think of them going to waste!" His voice is high pitched and excitable as he lets go of his mother's hands and dances up and down the space of the cleared room.

"Think of it mother, New York! The city were dreams come true! We'll get off the ship of dreams right into the city of dreams, oooh," Louis squeals and uses his thin fingers to push his feathered hair from his face, "Mother i would be so dissapointed if we backed out now!" He jumps in the air and does a little twirl of delight when Johannah smiles at her flamboyount son.

"How could i ever say no to you, my son?" She asks, peppering kisses on both of her son's cheeks as he flushes crimson.

"I'm hoping you want ever find a reason too!" A peal of laughter rings around the barren walls of the room. "I'm sure father would be so proud!" The sound of the Taxi honking its horn outside

alerts the Tomlinsons that it's time to leave. Louis grabs his and his mothers luggage by the handles, letting them bump his thighs as they walk outisde and load the yellow taxi cab.

~...~

When they arrive, the Titanic looms heavy and wide in the water. Louis thinks it's a wonder that it floats. It just looks so utterly big and overwhelming, it takes his breath away. Its the most beautiful thing he has ever seen.

So he moves slowly through the mass of onlookers and sailors, grasping his mothers hand tightly, squeezing for reassurance. He's always been the type to get excited and act without thinking, foolishly and childishly. It's because he was born and raised in a pampered family, his mother's father was rich, and the money was passed down when he died.

Louis was used to living the big life. He was that man in movies with the tall hat and fringed hair and beautiful house. He thought about all the possible adventures he could jump into when they got to classy, New York, with the tall actors and pretty woman and bustling Taxi's.

So very very slowly, the couple moved through the line of people and got to the suited ticket master who took their tickets and waved the couple through. Catiously, carefully, Louis William Tomlinson and his mother boarded the biggest ship in the world and wished for their dreams of adventure to come true.

~...~

Louis settled his mother in her room, where she set her collective things and told her son she would wander the ship and wave goodbye to the many watchers on shore.

So Louis followed his mother to the sides of the ship and waved goodbye with their hankerchiefs to the many clapping men and women below.

The ship had set sail.

None of the passengers knew of the horror to come.