Chapter 7: Forgiving... NOT!

The new dragon screeched in excitement as he saw the Nest Island in his sight. It had taken a few hours, even with flying, but both dragons finally made it. Humans were idiots if they thought they could ever find this island.

Even if the humans were able to survive the trip for weeks on their boats, they would have a hard time navigating through the fog and rocks that surrounded the island. If those didn't stop the humans, the Terrors who kept watch in the damaged Viking ships would notify the pack of Monstrous Nightmares to attack.

Since the human's boats were typically made of wood, it made destroying their ships a lot easier by just setting them aflame. Combined with the fact that the fog limited the sight of humans, it made it harder for the humans to fight dragons.

The Night Fury listened carefully for the sound of his Pack, navigating through the rocks and fog with ease. The former human kept behind, because for some reason, he had no idea how to navigate through the rocks, a weakness that puzzled him to no end. Why couldn't he remember the path?

Surely, in the years of going back and forth raiding the humans, he would remember how to get back, right? Even after years of training...

Wait a minute. Training? What training? Didn't he used to work in the human settlement? No wait! It was the dragons nest! Right? He'd never work in Berk!

The new dragon blinked in confusion, barely able to focus on following his pack brother, wondering where the strange new word 'Berk' had come from. Where had he heard THAT before? Was it the name of the evil human village they raided? If so, when did he hear it?

The dragon shook his head roughly and focused all his attention on following his appointed leader. Maybe after they landed, he could ask that back-stabbing, no-good, son of a half-baked...

"Look out!" His pack brother screeched.

The dragon was so distracted by the sudden out-of-place thoughts that were going through his head that he almost collided with the pillar of rock that appeared in front of him. He barely managed to sideswipe the obstacle, grazing the left side of his body slightly enough to be visible, but not drawing any blood in the process.

Both dragons continued through a tunnel in the mountain wall, navigating through the darkness until they came across the volcanic core in the base of the mountain. The lava provided the light within the hollow mountain, revealing the hundreds of dragons that had made a home for themselves.

Gronkles, Terrors, Nightmares, Zipplebacks, Nadders, even a few Night Furies. Young dragons, old dragons, and dragons that had yet to be discovered by the Vikings; there were so many that it was clear to any human that the reptilian race outnumbered the Vikings.

As the two Night Furies flew through the Nest, each dragon they passed looked at them with expressions that ranged from surprise, shock, even excitement. After all, the Night Furies were the most respected due to their strong magic and legendary speed. They planned each raid, took care of the nest, and were considered the most majestic dragons due to their legendary powers.

The Night Furies eventually landed on the highest pillar of rock in the mountain. The pillar sat in the middle of the nest, giving the Night Furies a complete view of the surrounding dragons and their own homes.

Afterwards, a Monstrous Nightmare flew in to greet the main Night Fury, flanked by two Terrible Terrors.

"Brother!" The Nightmare exclaimed, "Where have you been!? We've been looking for you ever since yesterday's raid!"

"Do not worry. I'm here now." The Night Fury said consolingly. He Nightmare bowed in respect as the black dragon regarded him calmly, the two Terrors doing the same. "The humans actually managed to shoot me down for once."

The Nightmare gawked at the dragon, unable to believe his ears. "What! What happened!? Did they hurt you at all? How did you escape? Where did-?" The Nightmare stopped abruptly, just now noticing the second Fury that was now sniffing the Terrors, who were really confused and disturbed at this dragon's actions. They said nothing, but tucked in their wings and tails as Hiccup looked at them in fascination.

"Uh...who's the new guy?" The Nightmare asked.

The Night Fury rolled his eyes. "That particular dragon just happens to be the same human who shot me down."

Silence followed as the Nightmare regarded the Night Fury with a blank expression. The Terrors, who had overheard this bit of information, immediately began to hiss at Hiccup, who was now confused at the change in attitude. What was going on? Why were they treating him like he was a-

"You brought a HUMAN?!" The Nightmare said out loud. He instantly regretted this action however, as the Nest instantly became quiet and every dragon looked towards him, then at the Night Fury. Hiccup, meanwhile, became even more confused.

What was his leader talking about? There was no human here as far as he was concerned, and why were the Terrors glaring and hissing at him? Why was the Nightmare looking at him apprehensively? Where was this place? Why wasn't he on Berk? When did he get here in this volcano? Where did all these dragons come from? The last thing he remembered was the Night Fury leaping on him and...

...

"YOU BASTARD!" Hiccup screeched his human memories finally free from the confinements of his own mind. He leapt to his feet, ignoring the cries of the hundreds of dragons surrounding him. The Nightmare backed off along with the Terrors, clearly intimidated by the former Viking.

Hiccup's eyes focused on the Fury in front of him, black slits replacing the round, innocent eyes that had been there a moment ago. He crouched and growled at the dragon, who was currently staring at him with worry, nervousness, and hint of fear.

"Are you alright?" The Night Fury asked innocently. That probably wasn't the right thing to ask at that moment, but maybe the human would forgive him faster if he-

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN AM I ALRIGHT? YOU JERK!?"

Obviously not.

"Oh no, I'm just perfectly fine with the fact that the dragon which 'promised'..." Hiccup stood up on his hind legs while making a weird gesture with two claws on each paw. "To leave my mind alone, abruptly decided: Never mind! Just kidding! Here are the thoughts of killing humans and making dragon babies to replace those worthless human memories!" Hiccup said sarcastically.

The dragon tried to get word out that that was not his intention, but Hiccup was not in the mood for excuses. As far as he was concerned, this dragon just violated the most precious part of his life. He could take his humanity, but for the dragon to take away his human memory was something that Hiccup would not stand for. Especially when said dragon had taken a sworn oath NOT to do so in the first place!

"OF COURSE I'M NOT ALRIGHT YOU PROMISE-BREAKING, HUMANITY-STEALING SON OF A BITCH!" Hiccup screeched in anger before pouncing at the Night Fury. The dragon just barely got out of the way as Hiccup went tumbling over the side of the rock pillar. Fortunately, a branch of rock stood out from the cliff, allowing Hiccup to fall only about fifteen feet. However, the impact was still hard enough to knock the boy out cold after landing head-first on the ground.

Every dragon began to close in on the human, some wrought with confusion, fear, suspicion, and in the Night Fury's case: concern.