Chapter 25

I tugged at the bottom of the dress Adam had purchased for me, willing it to be longer. It fell mid thigh, and was probably considered decent by some girls. However, I was not one of those girls who enjoyed showing off their bodies. I felt awkward and exposed. 

The door downstairs opened, and a cheerful voices immediately filled the room. I sighed. I just needed to go downstairs. I would be fine.

I sauntered down the stairs, still tugging slightly at the orange flowered fabric. I adjusted the grey sweater I was wearing, making sure I looked alright. I wanted to make a good impression on Adam's friends and band mates.

"Maddie!" Adam exclaimed as I reached the bottom, embracing me in a large hug and spinning me in a circle. I squirmed under his impact, laughing the whole time. I looked at the people who were now staring at me. They were familiar faces. I didn't know them all by name, but I knew I had seen them before. The one girl stepped forward. She had blond hair that fell in waves, and was wearing a light blue dress, the same length as mine. 

She stuck a hand out. "Hi Maddie, I'm Breanne," she said sweetly. I shook her hand and lended her a smile.

One of the three guys standing there sprinted forwards towards me and picked me up, running away with me under his arm. I struggled and yelped.

"Ha, Adam, I got your girl!" he said.

Adam chuckled from behind me as the man ran to the corner, set me down on the ground, and guarded me protectively.

"Daniel, don't scare her," another guy said.

"Aw Steve, I'm just having fun," he complained, running a hand through his light brown hair. 

I stood to my feet, and smoothed out my dress casually. "Nah, I'm not afraid," I assured. 

Adam walked up to where Daniel and I were standing and put an arm around me consolingly. "Go easy on her," he warned Daniel. Daniel waved us off, and took a seat at the kitchen table, making himself at home. 

"So that's Daniel, you met Breanne, that one's Steve," he explained, pointing at the guy who had defended me, "And that's Jasper," he concluded, pointing at the quieter guy who hadn't said much throughout the ordeal. He offered me a smile. 

"I'm the mature one," Jasper informed. 

Adam rolled his eyes. "Guys, we all know I'm the mature one of the group."

I scoffed. "You? Yeah right!" I joked, causing everyone else to laugh. 

"Can we just eat?" Daniel yelled from the table, slamming his fists down on it. 

"I'll order the pizza," Steve offered. 

"I'll grab the plates," Breanne said, whisking off towards the kitchen.

"I brought soda," Jasper bragged, gesturing to the three different two liter bottles he had sitting in the corner.

"I'll sit here!" Daniel exclaimed happily. 

Adam chuckled. "That's all Daniel ever does," he muttered. 

"Kid! I'm the glue of the band!" he argued. 

"I think that's Adam," Breanne chimed in, walking back in the room with a pile of plates. 

Steve hung up his iPhone. "Alright, pizza's coming. Who's paying?"

Four hands pointed at Daniel. Daniel pointed at Adam, and I sat there not knowing quite what to do. "What?" Daniel exclaimed. "I always pay!"

"That's because you owe us," Jasper said, rolling his eyes.