Ch.37

*Mya*

I can't believe this day is finally here. I'm about to become Mrs. Christopher Maurice Brown in about 5 hours. I called Jaden over to come help me with things. I don't have really any close friends or family. Tasha just had a baby so she can't come.

She walks in the room with Harmony. She runs towards me giving me a hug. Harmony slept in the room with Chris last night so I could sleep.

"Jaden I'm so glad you're here!" I say as I hug her again. Believe it or not Jaden and I have became close friends. I don't really have anyone else to share this moment with.

"Happy to be here. So what do you need help with?" She ask.

"Well first imma need you to try on this dress. I want you to be my maid of honor." She gasp.

"Mya are you serious right now?! After everything that's happened between us? Are you sure?" I'm just as shocked as she is.

"Yes I'm sure. After everything that's happened I feel like we've become friends. You're there for me in ways I can't explain. You're a good person and there's no one I'd rather share a moment like this with." I say.

"Mya thank you. I'm so glad everything worked out the way it should have." We hug.

"Time to get you ready."

*August*

I open the door to my new house. I had a condo before but I have a wife and a daughter so time to upgrade.

"Baby don't look yet." I say to Tasha behind me. I put a blindfold on her so she doesn't know where we are.

"August can I please take this thing off?" Tasha asks me. I take the blind fold off revealing out new beautiful house.

"August what is this?!" A huge smile spreads across her face.

"This is our new beginning Tasha. I'm just glad I get to share this with you."

"August I love you so much." She jumps on me hugging me.

"I love you too baby girl. Now go get showered we have a wedding to catch."

*Jaden*

*Flashback*

"Trey I understand you're upset but we can't just have a baby. It's not that simple."

"Jaden it is that simple. I love you and you love me so why not?"

"Trey I don't want children at this moment. We need to give that sometime plus I have to be married before I even think about having another child." He looks down sighing in disappointment.

"I don't even know why I try with you." He gets up and starts to walk out the room.

"What's that suppose to mean Trey?"

"It means I'm just done Jaden."

*Flashback Over*

*Jaden*

After 4 hours go by Mya and I were completely finished getting ready. Harmony was dressed and it was time.

"Could you go check to see if the guys are ready and everything else?" Mya ask.

"Sure girl I'll be right back." I walk out the room around the corner and run right into Chris.

"I'm so sorry." He says. This is very awkward.

"I'm glad you're here to help Mya. She doesn't really have anyone else." He says. I don't know what to say. I haven't even spoken to Chris in a while.

"It's no problem. I came to see if you guys were ready?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Jaden we need to talk."

"Chris you're about to get married there no need now."

"No I need to get this off my chest before I do." I sigh nodding my head letting him know he can.

"Okay I love Mya, I always have and I always will. I've never felt this way with any woman."

"Chris I know I wasn't the one. I was the side piece. It's okay I don't wanna hear this."

"No yes you do." He he trying to hurt me by saying this? I'm happy for him and Mya.

"I'm so sorry for everything I put you though. You're a good woman Jaden and a good friend. I love you for forgiving me and I pray that Trey treats you like I never could." I look into his eyes. He seems like he means it. He leans and hugs me. I start to cry.

This all I really wanted from Chris and I finally got it. Now I can move on with Trey.

*Trey*

I know I have to make things right with Jaden. I can't get mad at her for not wanting to have a child with me so soon. What was I thinking.

Not letting a woman so special walk out of my life. It's time to give her what she wants.

*Chris*

I'm so nervous about marrying Mya. I wrote my vowels down. I hope she doesn't get mad. She knows my memory is bad. Everyone gets seated. The music starts to play.

I can't do this. Is it to late to back out? Knock it off Chris. You know you love this girl.

The curtain goes back and all I can do is cry when I see her walking down that isle. I called August a pussy for crying when he got married but now I know the feeling.

Mya is absolutely gorgeous. It took me 4 years to figure that out. As she makes her way too me I wipe my tears.

"Dearly beloveth,  we are gathered her to say to join the man and this woman in holy matrimony. Does anyone object to this couple being married?"

I mumble better not making Mya laugh. Lord how did I get so lucky? Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve her.

"Your vows, first Mya."he says.

Mya grabs my hands before speaking.

"Chris you are my heart and soul, I couldn't imagine my life without you. You are my best friend, partner, and soul mate. I love you so much baby." Mine are so much better than hers. She should have wrote them down like I did.

"Mya you're my homie for real, I love spending every waking moment with you and when you're not around my heart breaks, my life wouldn't be complete without you in it. You made me the man I am today. You are my everything and I love you." I wipe her tears.

"Mya do you take Chris to by your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, I'm sickness and I'm health, as long as you both shall live?"

"I do?"

"And Chris-

"I do!"I laugh.

"You may kiss your bride. I lean in giving her a very passionate kiss. Everyone claps. We head to the hotel for the reception.

*Jaden*

I'm very happy for Chris and Mya. They look so happy. I look over and see Tasha and August dancing. Everyone looks happy.

Trey walks up to me. I roll my eyes.

"What do you want Trey?"

"You baby. I'm so sorry. I love you and I need you to stop being mad so I can do this right." I raise an eyebrow.

"Do what?" He gets down on one knee opening this black box exposing this beautiful fat rock.

"Will you marry me Jaden?"

"Yes! Trey I will marry you!!" I get up and kiss him passionately. This moment is absolutely perfect. My best friend just got married and I got the man of my dreams.