Coordination

Can't hide forever Zel, she told herself after only two minutes in the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror and made a face at her reflection.

It's just a kissing scene. Nothing too weird. It's only...what... thirty seconds at the most? You can totally get right through that if you don't think about it.

Zelda unlocked the door and returned to the couch, but she made a point to sit on a cushion further away for the moment... but not... too far.

It wasn't as bad as she had thought. So what if her ears burned and her face turned pink. Romantic moments always got that reaction from her. Well, not that particular scene, but having Link there she couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

After it was over she requested a pause to go downstairs and refill her water bottle. Link complied, and she was off. She hopped down the stairs three at a time and made it to the kitchen in about eight seconds. Not trying to run away or anything. Oh, thank Din we aren't watching Clone Wars, she thought, her face cracking into a smile. That would have been too much romance for a first date. It seemed to hit her then. She really was on a date. In her own home. She, the popular girl who had never been on a date.

She hurried back up the stairs and sat beside him, closer than before, as if he needed any further proof to know that she had been embarrassed by the kiss in the movie.

After the end of the second movie, Zelda and Link sat talking about Star Wars, and really whatever else came to mind.

Link had his arm on the back of the couch, but she couldn't help the feeling that it was somehow, in spirit, around her shoulders. It was sitting there, lurking there, as though waiting to drop around her.

Link moved his hand as he said something, and it snapped her back to reality. "...already five, do you want to order the pizza now?"

Zelda smiled as she shook of the last of her distracted thoughts. "Sure."

Zelda stood up and went to the bathroom again and looked in the mirror. She looked rather pink in the face, which she assumed was normal for any teenage girl on a date.

She went downstairs and filled her water bottle up again. Leaning against the island as she took a drink, pondering her situation. Why was she so nervous and embarrassed by the kiss scene? Was it just because she had someone she'd like to kiss sitting right next to her while she was watching it?

No, you can't think like that on a first date.

Zelda raised the water bottle to her lips and took a swallow.

"Hey, I was-"

She almost choked as she heard Link's voice from right behind her. How had she not even noticed him coming down the stairs? She also jumped at the same time, and as she did she lost her balance and her feet slid out from under her.

Link was there to catch her, and he did, quite easily, but...well...he was also wearing the fluffy socks, and they both went down.

Awkwardly, Zelda landed almost completely on his chest. Painfully, and actually more importantly, she also slammed her hand into the ground. She winced and let out a hiss of pain as she knew her scabs had cracked open.

Link blinked in confusion, as they hadn't hit the ground hard enough to... He winced slightly as he remembered her hand. "I'm so sorry," he said as he helped her to her feet. "I'll help you change the bandage."

Zelda shook her head. "It's not your fault. I was too busy daydreaming to actually pay attention to my surroundings," she said as Link began to unwrap the bandage with gentle ease.

Link looked relieved she didn't blame him. "What were you daydreaming about?"

Zelda frowned. "Well, I suppose it was more thinking than daydreaming."

"What were you thinking about?"

She bit her lip. "Ah... I'll just keep that to myself."

Link chuckled as he spread antibiotic ointment onto her freshly cracked scabs. "Alright, but it must have been pretty distracting to not even notice me walk up."

"From behind," she said in her defense.

"You really don't want to share your thoughts?" he teased.

Zelda rolled her eyes. "No."

Link finished bandaging her hand again, but when he was finished he didn't let go of her hand. "Fair enough," he said. "But can I guess?"

She shrugged.

"The kiss scene?"

DARN IT, AM I SO OBVIOUS? Zelda was forced to give a curt nod in order to hide her true feelings on his magical guessing power.

Link smirked slightly. "Why does it bother you?" he asked.

Zelda tugged her hand away and he let go immediately. "I don't do so well with this... feelings stuff. I'm always alone, and I haven't had much experience with real friends so..."

"So what? We all act differently. So just act how you would if you were alone," Link advised. He reached out and grabbed her uninjured hand, sliding his fingers into place beside hers. "That's what I do. You've seen how I act at school. If I didn't like you, I-"

The doorbell ringing interrupted him.