Chapter 2

Trapped on a bus with hormonal teenagers isn't my ideal way to spend a weekend. I sat alone listening to music and staring out the window as the bus headed to our destination.  

Mandy was in the back with Liam, probably making out or making up. My sister... I gave up looking for her since she started high school. She knew how to take care of herself.

Everyone was now sitting in their seats, jumping over them, or still running around.

"Tammia, are you going to get naked this weekend?" Jack asked me from two seats down.

With my earphones in my ears, I can pretend I didn't hear him. Which I did. He loves to tease me, I really don't know why.  

I felt as someone sat beside me and took one of my ear buds out of my ear. I turned expecting to see Jack but instead I suddenly became shy.

He smirked at me, leaning closely to my face.

"Can I help you?" I choked out.

Christian's lips curved into a smile. "Do I annoy you, Tamilia?"

"That's not even my name" I whispered, unable to get my voice higher. I suddenly had a flashback of my child years. We moved around a lot as a child. I went to several different schools, but the one that I remember the most was my elementary school. There was this boy who always teased me, called me different names just to get my attention, Tamilia was one of them.

Regardless of how much he teased me, he was the first boy I liked. Possibly the last one, until now. We spent grade 3 to 6 in the same class until my mom got promoted and transferred to another hospital across town.

My eyes glanced down to his lips. My breathing became heavier as butterflies developed in the pit of my stomach.

I was sure he knew my name. Why was my hormones deciding to embarrass me now, in front of Chris of all people. I need to get a grip.

"I know your name, Mia." he smiled "Personally, I prefer Me-Me"

I froze. "Christopher?"

"Took you long enough" he smirked.

It was him. My elementary school crush. "What are you doing here? Why did you change your name?"

He looked at me with humor in his eyes. I bit my bottom lip. "Have you ever wondered why I gave you so much nicknames?"

"Everyday of my life" what kind of question was that?

"Mia, my name was never Christopher. You just never knew my name. Everyone called me Chris, short for Christian, you assumed it was short for Christopher. I told you countless times that it wasn't my name" he laughed, running his finger down the length of my arm.

My arm began to tingle. my breathing hitched in the back of my throat. my heart began to beat fast and something deep in my stomach clinched.

His eyes shot back up into mine, holding my gaze. I leaned closer with my eyes fixed on his lips. I watched as he smirks. I realize I was leaning a bit too closely so I sat up, straightening myself.

"You wouldn't listen," he continued, sending chills down my spine "so I decided to give you nicknames as well."

"No wonder I couldn't find you on Facebook" I said aloud to myself

"You Facebook searched me?" he chuckled lightly "My dad decided that he wanted to move closer to his business and that Lawrence High was a wonderful school. Seeing as how I wasn't into the whole private school thing, this was a close match, win-win."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I mean I wouldn't be as nervous around you if I knew who you were from the beginning" How could I forget these eyes, I thought to myself. I knew he was gorgeous as a child but damn! he's even hotter now.

"You get nervous around me?" he smirks

"Don't act like you don't know" I rolled my eyes.

"Still nice to hear you say it." he smiled. "I never imagined you would be the type of girl to date the Captain of the football team. Are you secretly into cheerleading too, Tamilia?"

"No, Christopher, I'm not. Jack is not even my boyfriend. I honestly can't believe how much you've changed."

"What are you talking about? I've always been good looking." he smirks flashing me with a sexy smile.

"Oh, nope, there it is." I turned my head back to the window.

"I'm joking, Mia" he whispers in my ear. He takes my chin in his fingers and turn my face to his. I begin to breathe faster as his eyes pierced through me.

"What's going on here?"

I quickly jerk my eyes away from Christian's and into Jack's. I felt shy all of a sudden, like I've just been caught kissing. Christian drops his hand from my chin and smiles at Jack.

"Just reminding Tammia of the past." He says simply.

"Yeah, well, break it up. A few girls need you at the back." Jack smiles.

Christian winks at me and then makes his way to the rear of the bus. Jack takes his place beside me.

"I hope your not trying to distract my quarterback."

"Quarterback? Aren't you the captain?"

"this is why you need to learn more about football, Mia. The captain isn't always the quarterback. to date a football player, its better to know more about the game"

"Jack, I've told you..." I breathed. Why am I repeating myself?

Why did my mood change so suddenly? was it the thought that Christian had girls kissing his feet?

I placed my headphone back in my ear and lay back into my seat. I thought about the little blue-green eyed boy I use to play with on the playground as I felt myself drifting off.