Chapter 9

"Sleeping beauty, you're up" Mandy smiled from the backyard "how was last night?" She winked at me.

"Shut up" I yawned. The place looks trashed. Beer cans and bottles, along with food and broken glasses are all over the floor and in the pool.

After waking up alone in Christian's bed, I grabbed on a pair of his boxers and did my morning cleansing in his washroom before I headed up here. Mandy, Warren, Paul, and Samuel are in the backyard. I really don't know where they slept last night, this house really is big.

I can see them through the glass door in the kitchen. I can't figure out if they are cleaning up the mess or just making more. Madison is no where to be found. Even though I felt like going back to bed, I decided that it was better to actually start cleaning.

I grabbed the trash bag from the kitchen table that was already there and lazily began to pick up garbage. No one can say I didn't help.

After about 20 minutes of cleaning on my part and running around like animals on a few others, the front door opens. Mr. and Mrs. Williams enter into their not so clean house. Not knowing what to do, I froze and looked over to Mandy who makes an effort to not make eye contact.

Right behind them was Hailey and her father. I knew who he was because their family picture is in the office at school with the rest of other generous donors who fund some of our programs. I watched as the four of them walked hesitantly through the mess and into the living room.

"Where's Christian?" His mother asked us.

"He went out for breakfast an hour ago" Samuel answered

"Hey, you're back early"

I turned my attention to the door entrance once more. Christian, Madison, and Omar entered into the house and I let out the breath I was holding in.

"Early flight" his dad says simply.

Everyone fell quiet. If it was my parents, they'd be pissed. I would probably be grounded within a minute of their entrance. But Christian's parents just looked around the house as to wonder how so much mess could have been made.

"Is that how you slept last night, Tammia?" Hailey asked with disgust on her face.

I could feel my face heating up.

"Tammia? You're so grown" Mrs. Williams exclaimed as she walked over to me. She took my face in her hands and began to examine it. "Where's Madison?"

Maddy ran over to hug her.

"Look at you. You guys are really growing up" She laughed as she wrapped her arms around Maddy.

She was like a second mom to us, I really don't understand why I was surprised she remembered us. Her blondish brown hair was wrapped in a tight bun which helped emphasized her beautiful features. Her friendly hazel eyes meet mine and I remembered why I admired her so much as a child.

"I would say you guys should make yourselves at home, but I see you already have." She smiled at me. I blushed again. She headed out the backyard after a few minutes of small talk.

"You girls are as beautiful as ever" Mr. Williams said. His brown hair was still as neat as I remembered it. He was tall, which explained Christian's height, not to mention his looks. He was a very handsome man "Good to see you two, I'd like to catch up with your parents. Felix... this way please" Mr. Williams and Mr. Sheppard headed down the hallway

Christian entered into the kitchen with a few boxes of pizza and placed them on the counter.

"Have you been picking things up with your hands?" Christian asked looking at the garbage bag in my hand.