Chapter two

I should have felt guilty for what I did to her but I was a vampire so I didn’t. I had promised myself, after my last companion had died that I would not take another so that I would eventually die too. I was becoming bored with my existence, nothing could satisfy me anymore, nothing held my interest, nothing was new and I had finally wanted it all to end but when I saw her I changed my mind. She was like angel, beautiful, tall with long blonde hair and blue eyes. I had searched into her with my mind and her soul and her heart was pure, just what I wanted, just what I needed.

The night I first saw her I was sitting in a little gritty café, people came and went but they were all just blurs, it was as if my vision had clouded but I did not care. The sounds around me were becoming muffled and they began to echo and vibrate through my skull. All different hearts beating at the same time pounding in my head, it was becoming intense and began to sound like someone was viscously drumming their hands on the table, it hurt and these were all sure signs that I needed to quickly feed but I did not want to. The process was almost over and I figured I had possibly two to three weeks left, I had not fed in a long, long time.

If you had seen me, you probably would have ran the other way, I looked like I was hooked on crack, dark sunken red rimmed eyes, cracked lips, sweaty clammy skin and I was shaky. Despite my appearance the waitress was still paying me a lot of attention, giving me free coffee every thirty minutes, she was eying me up and even asked me what I was doing later. I just ignored her, I tried to get up and instantly fell back my body had started to shut itself down to preserve energy and as I sat there unable to move an angel walked in. She was a light in the place like a breath of fresh air, the only thing I could see was her and I wanted her.

She was with an older woman and she was delightfully happy about something, I could not hear due to the drumming and ringing in my ears. She was sat opposite me, in the next booth and at one point she looked me directly in the eye and then quickly looked away, it would have been my appearance that scared her and for the first time in months I wanted to feed. I was willing to risk going through all this again just to see if I could be with her. I motioned for the waitress who came running over, ‘Fancy going out back’ I whispered into her ear and she agreed as they usual did. I smiled as she helped me walk into car park, she did not know these steps would be her last as I was planning to drain her dry, I wanted to drain her dry. She pushed me up against the wall, it was right next to a dumpster, Due the quietness outside I was now able to read her mind, I was unable to in the cafe as I was too weak and it was too noisy in there. She thought I was a drug dealer and if she blew me I would give her free drugs. ‘classy bird’ I thought.

Her hands slid down to my belt, she wanted to straight for my goods but I was not interested, I just wanted to feed and get back to the angel. I roughly pushed her hands away, the hunger was starting to take over, no I was letting it take over and as I roughly grabbed her hair at the back of her head I whispered into her ear ‘You deserve this’ and then I sank my fangs into her neck and began to drink and I did not stop until she was completely dry. The effect was immediate I could feel her blood pulsating through my veins waking my body up, it felt like I had subsiding pins and needles and it felt good. I picked up her lifeless body and threw it in the dumpster and went back inside.

My angel was just leaving so I followed her home and I followed her almost every night thereafter. My suspicions were correct she was right for me and wanted her as her my companion. I had only one problem she was in love with another man but I knew his soul was not pure and I started to follow him to find out more about him and I found his weaknesses which were his ego and 'women'.

I never compelled him to cheat I just put temptation in his way and at first he resisted the temptations I sent but his career grew so did his ego and he finally gave in. However I had under estimated her love and devotion for him so it took longer than I thought it would for her to leave.

I would compel women to flirt with him and offer sex to him on a platter and he began to enjoy it. He thought he could have his cake and eat it, I never gave one thought for the women I compelled to have sex with him and I can tell you it was far more than three as she thought. I did not care if they were in a relationship or if it destroyed their lives because all I cared about was getting to her.

However I never realised what a devious bastard he was or how much of a convincing liar he could be. You see he wanted to keep her on his arm, yes he did love her but he saw her more as a trophy rather than a partner, a future wife. Men would always compliment him for having her and he thought she was the perfect model for a top surgeons wife.

I was becoming frustrated that he was able to hide his infidelity so well and one night when I knew he was in bed with previous conquest, because I had sent her, I compelled her boss to send her home early as a treat. She was supposed to be working late to help with a case that was coming up in court in the morning so I knew he would not be expecting her. Tonight when she found him for, what she thought, was the third time I knew it would be the last as tonight was also the anniversary of when they first met and they had planned to go out for a late celebratory dinner.

Did I feel bad as I sat outside her home hearing her cries when she found him cheating again, hearing her screams and her shouting, the smashing of glass as she threw things at him, the girl running out of the door fearing for her life. My answer is no, I did not because now I knew I was one step closer to getting her. Now she just had to meet me and the process could begin.

You can call me a devious bastard I don’t really care. I do want I have to get what I want and remember not once did I compel him, he did it all with his own free will.

I set up the fight to meet her, to gain her sympathy from years of experience I knew this always worked with women. I made myself appear vulnerable and hurt to gain her trust. The man I was fighting with was my brother and he was more than happy to help me as he wanted me to stay alive. He had told me just to kidnap her and claim her but she was different and I wanted her to love me before I told her. I was bored of forcing people to be my companion I wanted to be loved, for once, for real and I knew she was capable of it. She could save me and make me want to exist again.

Here I was at her workplace lying next to her watching her sleep, I invaded her dreams and replaced them with things I wanted and would do to her and to my surprise she was very willing and I knew it had worked. She had accepted me even if she did not know it and she would soon be mine.