The Storm (Part 1)

She could've swore that the weather god, whoever the hell that was, had it out for her. It only ever seemed to rain when she forgot to get her bloody jacket.

She knew better than to try and walk through the pelting rain, it would probably pass in about ten minutes so she ran to the closest phone booth.

"Hey, wow." A voice snapped when Camila got into the booth making her look up and almost choke on fresh air. Who has eyes like that without coloured contacts?

"S-sorry. I was- doesn't matter. I'll leave."

"It's fine."

Camila smiled, thankful she didn't have to walk out in that again. "It's raining." Camila said without thinking, wanting to hit herself after she said it.

"Yeah, no, I was wondering what that stuff was."

"It's wet."

"Are you just stating facts now?"

Camila ducking her head. "Looks like it."

"The first fact I wanna know is your name?"

"Camila."

"Camila? Pretty name for a pretty girl. I'm Lauren."

"Hello." Camila grinned, leaning back against the wall of the booth. "How long do you think it will last?"

Lauren shrugged. "Not sure. But if we get bored we could make prank calls."

"You still make prank calls?"

"I might be seventeen but I do still enjoy the odd prank call, yes." Lauren smiled, looking up at the darkening sky. "It's getting dark, are you from around here?"

"Yeah I live just ten minutes down the road."

"Yeah? Me too. I've never seen you around before."

"I've seen you." Camila said, looking up at Lauren. "That sounded really stalkerish but I meant at the library. About two months ago."

"And you still remember?"

"Don't forget a pretty face like yours easily."

"Why didn't I see you then?"

"Because I was hiding in the corner doing my homework like I do every other Monday." Camila shrugged, shivering against the cold.

"Don't you have a jacket?" Lauren asked and Camila shook her head. "What kind of person doesn't bring a jacket out when there's gonna be a storm?" Lauren slid her jacket off her shoulders and wrap it around Camila's before the smaller girl could do anything

"No, I can't..."

"It's ok, I have long sleeves and you have, well, no sleeves."

"Thank you." Camila smiled, slipping her arms into the sleeves of the jacket. "What?" Camila asked when she noticed Lauren smiling down at her.

"Looks good on you."

Camila grinned bashfully, dropping her head to look at her feet.

"Why are you so shy?"

"Have you ever tried talking to a pretty girl. It's nerve racking."

"I think I'm doing pretty well right now." Lauren grinned when Camila smiled, her cheeks turning pinks. "Alright, how about this." Lauren turned around to face the side of the booth with her back to Camila. "We can talk like this."

Camila smiled, stuffing her hands into the pockets of the jacket.

"I'll take your silence as a yes. So, what's your favourite colour?"