Chapter Eleven

I was happy that my parents came back into town, but I wasn't that excited that they did. It was like this every time, they'd come back into town to spend time with me but then it turns out that their company just happens that their company is holding a party or event in their time of vest so we all have to go.
This time really wasn't any different. We had lunch together after picking them up from their airport, where they announced that we are going to a charity event tonight, then we drove home for them to get some rest and to get ready for the party.

"Did you choose what you want to wear tonight?" My mum asked as she walked into the kitchen.

I was sitting on the dinning table doing my homework.

I shook my head "Not yet. I got caught up with homework and my due assignment"

"I already got you something" she smiled as she took a seat next to me "How's school going" she asked.

"It's going fine" I told her "As and Bs"

"That's good" she said "Grades are great and all but how's school in general. Are people nice to you there and what about your friends? I'd like to meet a few before we leave"

"You met Kyle" I told her.

"Aside from that" she said.

"My friends don't go to my school" I told her "They have their plans for the weekend. Maybe next time when you visit again"

"You can change you mind you know" she said "You still have time to come with us to England and go to school there instead"

"Yeah, but for how long before you move again and I have to re-switch schools and be the new kid all over again?" I asked "Kyle and his mum have been good to me, and I wouldn't have this any other way. I do miss you guys, but moving around the world while studying won't help me with my grade nor with making friends"

"You've always been wiser than your own parents" she sighed.

"Tell me about it" I smiled at her.

"How are things between you and Kyle?" She asked "Is he being a good boyfriend and all. Girls should be treated like queens and queens only, nothing less than that"

I let out a small chuckle "Kyle is not my boyfriend" I said.

"I didn't know that you two broke up?" She said confused "You two looked fine during lunch"

"We never dated" I told her "I mean yes, I have a boyfriend, but it's not him. My boyfriend is Luke"

"Oh" she said "I always thought that things would bring you two together at some point"

I shook my head "His friendship is more important than a relationship. There's nothing on earth that would make me risk losing what I have with him"

"Well is Luke treating you like you should?" She asked "How did you two meet"

"He doesn't go to my school" I said against to let it sink it "We actually met during a run. I met him and my new friends while jogging over to the next town. He's wonderful"

She smiled then patted my should "Why don't you go get ready. We'll be leaving in an hour or so. I left your dress on your bed upstairs"

I gathered my things before making my way up to Kyle's room. He was in the bathroom showering, so I took the opportunity to get changed before he walks in.

I slipped on the black dress on before standing on front of the mirror to admire dress. The cap sleeve dress hugged my chest and waist perfectly before flaring down at my hips to my ankles and opens up mid thigh. No matter how beautiful the dress was, I couldn't help not to feel slight self conscious about my collarbone and the top of my chest showing.