Chapter Eight

"What!" Monika shouted nearly spitting out her drink.

"Hush I don't want the whole lunch hall to know!" I whispered at her. I had just told her about Jai making me go to the stupid Masquerade party and her reaction was pure shock.

"Well why don't they mind their own business?" Monika said loudly making the people around us look down or even move away, I mentally face palmed.

"I don't even know what I'm gonna wear to this stupid party" I groaned.

"Don't worry about that I'll sort you out with your outfit. Lets just say you're gonna look hot" She smirked. The bell rang meaning it was time for class ugh.

We both walked out of the canteen and Monika went away to quickly meet Jamie so we said our goodbyes and I entered my science class. I hated science with a passion mostly because I was shit at it. No other than Jai Brooks was in this class with me too, strangely he was already inside. Our eyes met as I walked to my seat and sat down, he was still staring at me.

"What?" I mouthed to him as the teacher was speaking.

"I need to ask you something" He mouthed back, "Check your phone." with that said my phone buzzed in my pocket so I took it out to see a text from him.

Jai -

What colour is your dress gonna be for Sat?

Me -

Black?

Jai -

Cool. I need to match my tux, don't forget to wear a mask. Can't let people see you.

I gave him a confused look as I read the text. What did he mean by people can't see me.

Me -

Why?

Jai -

Firstly you're gonna be dancing real good and I doubt you want your secret out and secondly people are gonna question us.

I understood what he said for the second part as everyone would question why a popular guy is hanging around with someone like me. I wasn't offended because it was true and I didn't need people bugging me on why we were hanging out.

Me -

Got it. Now learn kid.

Jai -

Kid? I'm older biatch

Me -

Maybe physically but not mentally.

I looked over at him and saw him look down smiling to himself at the text.